Are you a supply chain, purchasing and/or materials management professional looking for your next engagement?
Our manufacturing client in Waterloo has an exciting interim engagement available for a Materials Manager. Initially a contract assignment, this opportunity could evolve into a full-time position.
Key responsibilities involved for the Materials Manager are set to include:
* Directing the activities of shipping, receiving, warehousing and supporting value stream material analysts
* Ensuring appropriate training and development of personnel to meet operational needs
* Providing management strategy and developing robust systems for plant inventory levels to support demand
* Monitoring and managing delivery schedules to minimize freight costs
* Overseeing production and scheduling practices to ensure alignment with company goals
* Directly support lean manufacturing principles and processes, as well as new product introductions
* Participating in interplant activities and acting as a liaison with corporate materials
* Direct materials function BOS measures to assess trends, take corrective action and meet departmental, plant and corporate goals and objectives
* Responsible to train and develop the organization to understand lean principles
* Employee performance appraisals, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; as well as supporting hiring
* Ensuring profitability, growth and yearly cost savings targets are met
The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background, with material planning experience. Automotive industry experience is preferred. Experience using a large ERP is required, with SAP given preference. The successful candidate will also have strong Excel skills, with a demonstrated understanding of V Lookups, Pivot Tables and more.
To express your interest and availability in this opportunity, connect with Nina Koebel today at (519) 884-3520 or email@example.com quoting Materials Manager / Waterloo in the heading of your email.