The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for planning and executing the day to day activities in the functional areas of inventory and order fulfillment within the distribution centre; and is accountable for ensuring all customer SLAs and internal Key Performance Indicators are met. In conjunction to these daily activities the Manager is responsible for evaluating current operations, and implementing new continuous improvement initiatives that will strategically improve operations in the areas of cost, quality and service.
- Responsible for the management of the distribution center ensuring all KPIs and SLAs are met
- Responsible for implementation and execution of continuous improvement and strategic initiatives
- Implement processes and procedures to improve operations and increase efficiencies
- Demonstrates system and process troubleshooting skills to identify, communicate and correct issues within the distribution center and as it relates to other cross functional departments;
- Works with other distribution center managers within Canada and assists in reconciling opportunities as they arise
- Manage, support and develop a team of supervisors and employees; and implement employee training and safety programs
- Work closely and collaborate with Inventory team to ensure external and internal customer needs are met
- Responsible for reviewing and tracking budget within the established guidelines and initiatives to support cost reductions
- Able to execute on change management processes
- People Management activities, including but not limited to: hiring, coaching, performance management, development, corrective action and termination
- Post Secondary Education
- Minimum of 5 years Distribution experience and Management experience
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and change management skills
- Demonstrated strong people and change management skills in motivational and team building capabilities
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work with all levels within the organization and cross functionally
Strong organizational, time management and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Strong problem solving skills and sound decision making abilities.
- Excellent time management skills to meet the needs of the internal and external customers
- Strong technical analytical skills in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills