Applications are invited for the position of Procurement Specialist in the Financial Services Division at Niagara College. The starting salary is $35.70/hr. for a 35-hour workweek. Additional hours may be required as necessary.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Procurement, the Procurement Specialist contributes to the effective & efficient operation of the Purchasing Department, ensuring that the College receives the best value for monies expended on supplies, materials, equipment and services according the College’s procurement policy and Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives.
- Consult, advise and liaise with all College staff & vendors to provide fair and open competition
- Coordinate, draft and publish procurement documents in accordance to the Broader Public Sector (BPS) procurement directive, Niagara College policies and procedures
- Recommend purchasing terms and conditions
- Ensure that purchasing services are delivered with a value added customer service orientation while meeting all College policies, Ministry directives and purchasing management best practices and ethics
- To ensure a fair and open competition, explain the terms and conditions with suppliers
- Conduct sourcing and market analysis as required to support the College
- Minimum 3 Year Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management or Business related field
- Professional Procurement Designation; Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP), OPBA or an Equivalent Designation
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related field. preferably including experience interpreting data and making recommendations on the findings
- Demonstrated ability to assess and determine appropriate procurement strategies and documentation as well as effectively conduct bid/proposal analysis / evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, promote bid competition and/or lower contract costs through the procurement process
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing, with all levels of client and supplier personnel and the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Experience managing various complex procurement is required
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to this vacancy through the Niagara College Careers website at https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NIAGARACOLLEGE&cws=1&rid=463. Applicants are required to submit a resume detailing education, experience and qualification on or before Midnight April 13th, 2017.
Note that Internal Candidates (Current members of the Support Staff Bargaining Unit) will be given first consideration.
A Position Description Form is available from Human Resources during the posting period.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services ( http://www.wes.org/ca/ ).
We thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Recruitment Consultant.