ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A DYNAMIC TEAM READY TO TACKLE EXPANSION CHALLENGES?
Located inMontreal, you will delve into the SEMAFO experience at the heart of an expanding Canadian gold company inWest Africa. Our commitment to Fondation SEMAFO fuels our pride in belonging to an organization where sustainable development represents a part of daily reality. Join a talented and meticulous team working at the head office of our internationally recognized company and discover the opportunity to make a difference!
Position at our head office in Ville Saint-Laurent
Start date: April 2017
Within the Supply Chain department, you will have the opportunity to draw on your professional background to participate in the procurement of goods and services to support the operational requirements of mining activities.
You hold a university degree in administration, operations management, logistics or supply chain management, with 10 to 15 years of experience in procurement, preferably at an international level, within the mining or manufacturing sector.
Main challenges and responsibilities
- Search for equipment and service providers.
- Participate in drafting international tenders.
- Purchase goods and services by negotiating prices, delivery details and payment terms.
- Purchase inventory material and spare parts according to established criteria in the internal purchasing conditions.
- Coordinate some activities related to logistics, such as transportation, warehousing and customs.
- Manage ad hoc projects, particularly focused on optimizing administrative practices and cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in efficient inventory management.
- Work closely with a variety technical teams.
Your profile and skills
- University degree in administration, operations management, logistics or supply chain management.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in procurement working for companies with global reach in the mining or manufacturing sector.
- Good understanding of equipment needs for open pit mining and underground mining.
- Autonomous and possessing a good understanding of technical requirements and suppliers.
- Proven accomplishments in the field of international procurement, ideally on the African continent.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of an integrated requisitions and finance automation solution (ReqNet and GP are used at SEMAFO).
- Bilingualism is essential.
To make a difference
- Network of contacts to facilitate the acquisition of necessary tools.
- Understanding of technical needs in terms of equipment and services.
- Certification of the Supply Chain Management Association is an asset.
- Strong business acumen.
- Efficient collaboration and support of internal clients on our sites in West Africa.
- Effective interactions with the Engineering & Construction team.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/58de7499503cf113b634b8da/51fc022058b70066fae49e70/en