Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Buyer/Maintenance Facilitator is responsible for identifying, negotiating, procuring, and administering agreements for materials, services, capital projects, major maintenance, and inventoried items for the optimum benefit to Canfor. The Buyer/Maintenance Facilitator is also responsible for inventory management and the effective utilization of inventories. In addition, the Buyer/Maintenance Facilitator will assist with planning the repairs and preventative maintenance activities for the plant.
- Provide leadership in safety by following all safety standards within the plant site
- Liaise with the Maintenance Planner for requisition, and inventory requirements
- Responsible for the warehouse and the functions of purchasing, receiving, inventory counts, storing, and issuing of stores inventory and efficient utilization of the inventory
- Communicate with vendors and accounts payable to ensure timely delivery of parts and timely payment of invoices
- Process requisitions, receive goods, and check for stock availability through use of the Synergen system
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Tracking and reporting weekly spending within the maintenance department
- Assist with yearly forecast and business plan
- Assist the Maintenance Planner with the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities in the plant
- Coordinate and tender the sale and disposal of obsolete and surplus materials and equipment
- Keep abreast of current legislation pertaining to Federal and Provincial tax laws and custom and excise regulations. Responsible for the review of all taxes on all purchase orders issued from the division
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Background in purchasing and parts management in related industry
- Aptitude and comfort with computers, primarily purchasing/maintenance planning software and MS Excel
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn new concepts and adapt to changing environments
- Mechanical aptitude, analytical and mathematical skills
- CPP designation, or equivalent mastery of principles and theories combined with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in maintenance planning with preventative maintenance programs
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Fort St. John, BC
With everything from arts and crafts to high-octane outdoor adventure, Fort St. John is known locally as BC’s Energetic City. This city’s youthful population and wealth creates exciting economic opportunities. Its surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john