Primary Location : ON-Ottawa
Sector : Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Language Designation : Various Language Designations
Position Level / Salary Range : 9 ($73,840 to $92,300)
Position Status : Permanent full-time
Security Requirement : Reliability Status
We are currently accepting applications for current and future permanent full-time Senior Procurement Advisor positions. We invite both English and Bilingual (English & French) candidates with a background in corporate procurement to apply.
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your negotiating skills as well as your corporate procurement expertise to this Senior Procurement Advisor position in Ottawa.
Internal movement has created a permanent full-time opening on the Procurement team. Reporting to the Manager Procurement Services, the Senior Procurement Advisor is responsible for providing substantive expertise and support in the development, implementation, and management of corporate contracting policies and procedures that are subject to Treasury Board Guidelines, the Financial Administration Act, specific provincial legislation, federal and provincial tax laws and corporate financial policies. The incumbent is also responsible for providing lead hand advice and guidance in resolving issues and problems, for exercising approval authorities pursuant to the procurement policy and among others for providing ongoing functional guidance to the Procurement Advisors.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing substantive expertise and strategic advice to clients during the review of goods or services specifications, the evaluation of vendor responses, the negotiation process, and the monitoring of vendors performance.
- Administering suppliers through pre-qualification process.
- Managing transactional procurement, including spot buy, requisition support, catalogue enablement, contract and supplier support, and other content management activities within Procurement Services.
- Overseeing and negotiating contracts for respective categories and deliver savings.
- Establishing, managing and supporting service level agreements as well as operating level agreements with CMHC business partners (e.g., turnaround times, lead times needed).
- Addressing, escalating and solving issues / questions / inquiries within agreed upon timeframes.
- Providing performance reports (KPIs) and other reporting to Manager of the Procurement Services as needed.
- Supporting the review of spend to identify and implement improvements and demand management opportunities.
- Conducting research on procurement trends and keeping abreast of ongoing developments, in both the public and private sectors.
- Identifying potential policy changes and improvements while adhering to the spirit and intent of Treasury Board’s procurement policy.
- Advising clients on appropriate procurement/ supplier procedural requirements.
- Recommending and negotiating changes in procurement approach or content to clients and approving the procurement activity as appropriate.
- Conducting vendor analyses and preparing reports related to vendor performance management.
- Assisting in the design, implementation, testing and monitoring of a procurement software system as required.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management or in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience and increasing responsibilities in corporate indirect procurement; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of supply and contract management/governance.
- Strong knowledge and experience in negotiating various types of contracts (i.e. IT (Hardware, Software), construction, leasing and renting, professional services, supplies, telecommunicationsequipment, HR contracts, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic advice and expertise to clients throughout all phases of the procurement process.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing, managing, and monitoring Requests For Proposals (RFPs), contracts, tenders and agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting vendors’ contract terms and conditions and adhering to procurement policies, methods and procedures in place.
- Advanced level experience in using a variety of computer software and database applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and interface with vendors regarding equipment pricing and contract management terms and conditions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage stress and several ongoing and competing tasks / demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy).
- Ability to research issues, analyse problems, synthesize information and make recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Post graduate degree(s) in the fields noted above and/or relevant professional procurement designations or certifications (e.g. Supply Chain Management Professional Designation (SCMP), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP)).
- Experience in creating and executing high level corporate supplier contract agreements.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Dynamics software.
- Project management work experience.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Analytical Thinking/ Developing Others/ Efficiency/ Maximizing Quality/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork/ Project Management
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 14, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Positions designated as bilingual will require bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand, speak and write in your second official language at a either an intermediate or advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for a Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Note: We are currently recruiting for other procurement job opportunities. To view and apply to these employment opportunities, please visit our website at www.cmhc.ca/careers.
- Please note that this employment opportunity may also be used to fill future temporary full-time Procurement Advisor positions.