For its head office and under the responsibility of the Québec Operations Director, the Buyer’s team lead will be responsible for the negotiation of main consumables for the whole company, including Canada and USA and for the raw materials for the site. The incumbent will ensure to maintain the stocks for the resale items and manage the scale house information. He will also be responsible for the following tasks:
About the Role:
- Negotiates the consumables and raw materials for all sites;
- Determines minimum and maximum inventory quantities for the consumables and the resales items;
- Creates claims and return orders for any issues and manage the resolutions of issues with accounting team;
- Monitors the inventory of consumables and follow up weekly with the operations team;
- Negotiates contracts, places orders, and manages transport and customs for resale items;
- Answers all questions (complaints, samples, technical questions and lead times) on resale items;
- Manages special contracts and rebates for resale items as well as returns with vendors (defective products and damaged goods);
- Oversees negotiations for raw materials and review purchase orders for the company;
- Creates and modify set up in scale house application of raw materials, consumables and liquids;
- Modifies the weights of each items to ensure the tolerances are compatible with the scale house operation;
- Manages the tolerance issues with vendors;
- Provides cost comparisons for items, sources special products and one time buys;
- Implements, manages and tracks volumes rebates;
- Supervise the work of the purchaser’s team.
- College Diploma in Procurement or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience with an ERP (such as SAP or Microsoft AX) is essential;
- Have worked with and understand Material resources planning (MRP);
- Bilingualism is essential, oral and written (French and English);
- Strong knowledge of MS office tools;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team spirit, flexible and autonomous.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
You will have the opportunity to:
- live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- have an interesting remuneration and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.