This role will be responsible for setting up/operating CNC mills and lathes, schedules jobs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Program, setup & operate CNC Mills to make parts according to specifications.
- Ability to program, setup & operate CNC Lathe will be an asset but not mandatory.
- Conduct inspections of machined parts as required, evaluating quality and/or performance.
- Provide support in general maintenance of CNC machines like lubrication / cleaning.
- Follow safe operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience with the CNC mould making systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with SURFCAM or any other major CNC software e.g. Mastercam, Cimatron etc.
- 3-5 years of experience operating and programming CNC Milling machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Work experience in the Moulds/ Tooling industry will be an asset.
- Completion of college diploma in a technical field.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and part specifications.
- Able to use different measuring instruments like Vernier Calipers, Micrometer, Height gauge etc.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot common CNC programming / set up related problems.
- Ability to focus on details and adhere to tight tolerances where required.
- Coordinate all jobs for the most efficient production runs.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent detail-orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Working in a workshop environment
- 8hrs shift
- Additional overtime may be required depending upon work load
$24/hr to $26/hr