Storekeeper – Buyer
Full Time, Time Stated (Approximately 1 year)
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a
diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is currently seeking an energetic individual for an opportunity within the Finance Department as a Storekeeper-Buyer. This is storekeeping-purchasing work involved in the procurement of a wide range of materials, supplies, equipment and services to meet the requirements of all Municipal departments. Duties include advising and assisting various departments on purchasing matters, locating, purchasing and ensuring delivery of a wide variety of items. The incumbent performs clerical duties, orders supplies and materials, and is responsible for handling a variety of calls and supply of information to staff, work crews and the public. The incumbent works with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Certificate in Purchasing or completion of the Supply Management Training (SMT) program offered by the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) of Canada or equivalent supply chain education offered by a recognized educational institution or supply chain association
- One year related purchasing experience and stock control experience
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia
- Completion of Forklift Operator Training (according to WorkSafeBC & CSA standards) preferred
- Experience with the preparation and management of competitive bids, contracts/POs, and other forms of nonbinding bid processes preferred
- Previous municipal environment purchasing and inventory control experience preferred.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work very seriously but not ourselves
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We care deeply about the community that we serve
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
The terms and conditions of employment for this temporary assignment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The biweekly salary for this position starts at $2,654.89 and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to view the job description on the City website and to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs to access competition number 17-042e by Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.