WHO ARE YOU?
You have previous experience building and growing a supply chain function within the Grocery/CPG world and you understand the Direct Business Model. You have an ability to see the big picture, but also the skills and experience (with procurement, warehousing, shipping and logistics) to understand the importance of each link in the chain, and the drive to look at each challenge that comes to light, as an opportunity. You will bring best-in-class practices to the table, but are also always asking "is there a better way?"
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Teach us a thing or two about efficient and effective Supply Chain Management. Help us up the ante on timely and accurate order fulfillment in the midst of accelerated growth. Lead a team of talented individuals. Provide strategic direction. Share your wealth of expertise. As a key part of the Operations Team, reporting to the COO, you will do all of the above while ensuring sound financial practices and operational efficiencies. You will be accountable for the following functions: Purchasing, Warehousing and Inventory Management, Transportation and Logistics, Production Planning and Order Fulfillment. Whoa, this is a BIG GIG!
- Work with the purchasing team to research and source key supplier partners that are strategically aligned and will provide us the best product, at the best price, at the right time.
- Research and make recommendations on innovative, sustainable, supply chain solutions. Source more sustainable raw goods, find more responsible end-of-life, waste management solutions and partner with progressive companies.
- Oversee the qualifying of new vendors and contract negotiations while maintaining the audit process for ongoing relationships.
- Determine benchmarks for pricing analysis for all purchases and work with finance to conduct analysis on usage, cost, and pricing forecasts.
- Develop an efficient system for multi-location, on and offsite warehouse operations and distribution centers that is scalable and designed for rapid growth.
- Gauge the effectiveness of existing third party logistics (3PL) partners and identify ongoing opportunities to increase efficiencies.
- Research, secure and manage relationships with national transportation partners based on quality, level of service, competitive pricing and the ability to scale based on growing needs.
- Build out best practices in the areas of shipping and receiving, warehouse management design, infrastructure to optimize space, and service level performance.
- Provide operational insights and support with the implementation of a new ERP system; evaluate, recommend, and support implementation of improved IT tools in warehousing and shipping to drive operational effectiveness.
- Work closely with the customer service team on cross functional improvement initiatives to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment and cost effective transport and delivery; implement and manage fulfillment and inventory accuracy improvement programs to support business growth.
- Develop, manage and be accountable for the department budget.
- Fuel a team of motivated employees with an emphasis on coaching and personal development. Make sure your team is having fun!
- Implement departmental and divisional performance metrics.
- This isn’t your first rodeo! You’ve excelled in this type of work and have at least ten years of experience with warehousing, logistics, distribution, and inventory systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management (or similar), or equivalent work experience.
- Familiar with third party logistics services, selection criteria and have lead a 3PL supply chain outsourcing project.
- Experience working with EPR/MRP systems a must. System implementation experience an ASS-et.
- Experience working with distributor and direct business models, preferably in the retail grocery sector.
- A proven record of successful budgeting and financial management.
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to influence others and gain consensus. People like working with you!
- Analytical, agile and able to drive change in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Superior strategic savvy combined with a willingness to be hands-on and in the midst of the action.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity combined with strong leadership abilities.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, including a strong working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail; high standards for quality; excellent time management.
- Commitment to personal growth and development. How can you lead others if you can’t lead yourself?
- Passion for active and healthy mountain lifestyle.
- Willing and able to work out of our headquarters in Invermere, British Columbia.