Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
IQALUIT, NU – Ref. No. QEC-17-011
Are you an experienced buyer with a focus on obtaining best value without sacrificing quality? Do you excel at building productive supplier relationships to ensure a reliable supply of goods? If so, our Procurement team would welcome your expertise.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, and emphasizing sound procurement and financial administration practices, you will plan, organize, manage and execute the tendering and procurement of goods for QEC throughout Nunavut, in accordance with the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement (Article 24) and the Nunavummi Nangminiqaqtunik Ikajuuti (NNI) Policy. As a Buyer, you will play a key planning role by identifying regulatory, procedural and logistical considerations and their impact on the acquisition of goods in terms of schedule, scope and budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Establishing the most appropriate method of procurement (competitive, sole source) in accordance with applicable legislation, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Identifying client needs and translating these into appropriate solutions;
- Issuing Requests for Tenders and evaluating replies based on administrative compliance, price, quality, service, availability, reliability, and suitability for end-user requirements;
- Reviewing requisitions with program managers to ensure adequacy of purchase descriptions and specifications, and determine the most suitable method of procurement;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with suppliers, and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of relevant business sectors to ensure adequate sources of supply;
- Monitoring service provider performance and taking corrective action, as necessary;
- Responding to Office of the Auditor General audit inquiries regarding contracts creation, archiving and approval workflows; and
- Following up with clients to address issues of concern and effectively manage Purchase Contracts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field of study such as Commerce or Business Administration, with at least 5 years’ experience in purchasing and supply chain management, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, including increasingly responsible procurement experience in the private and/or public sector, and logistics and transportation;
- Knowledge of applicable commodities and services, procurement policies and procedures, types of contracts, the tendering process and sources of supply;
- A detailed understanding of the interfaces between Accounts Payable, Purchasing, General Ledger and Inventory;
- Above-average knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word-processing applications;
- The ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment, communicate persuasively both orally and in writing, develop effective working relationships with both suppliers and clients, and multi-task while maintaining a high accuracy of detail;
- An SCMP designation (an asset);
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture (an asset); and
- The ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French (an asset).
We offer a starting salary of $76,850 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $15,016 per annum. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing by August 4th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.