SR. COSTING SPECIALIST
We are looking for professionals with energy drive and ambition to join our talented team at Irving Shipbuilding, proudly building naval ships for Canada. Successful applicants will have a track record of making a marked difference to the performance of global supply chains, building high performing operational and commercial supplier relationships that deliver quality product to North America's most modern shipbuilding facility.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related subject
- Years of Experience Required: A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing, shipbuilding, aerospace, or engineering sectors
- 3-5 years in cost engineering or project controls role
- Membership of a professional body preferred
- Proficient in using data based analytics
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Behaviours necessary for success in the role include:
- Doesn't settle for average
- High energy team player
- Energy to vigorously explore options in search of realistic solutions
- Positive outlook
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated and precise
- Collaborative nature
- Customer focused
- Evaluating a range of costs based on risk and uncertainty positions for every phase of the project life cycle. Determine the balance that will provide the needed capability while optimizing acquisition costs and through-life costs (TLC).
- In conjunction with engineering department, conduct cost/technical trade-offs, evaluate price proposals, and assist the contract team in preparing for contract negotiations and contract task proposals. Conduct the above tasks throughout the project from the introduction of changes to existing design to ship sustainment proposals.
- Continually evaluate the budget base in terms of cost performance and advise contract department personnel during the adjudication of Contract Change Proposals and Change Requests in accordance with the Configuration Management plan; provide cost and associated risk impacts as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise relative to the generation and maintenance of the Financial Management and Cost Control Plan. Provide risk assessments for those changes where the change will result in a change to the cost outside the specified limits or tolerances. Provide oversight of the subcontractor relative to the Cost Estimate Report.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the generation, review, and delivery of the Life Cycle Cost Report. Provide analysis of inputs and outputs to and from the program Life Cycle Cost Model to ensure accurate data and information are contained within the Life Cycle Cost Report.
- Provide indications where cost would be a prohibitive factor in the ability to verify system functionality.
- Relative to obsolescence management, provide subject matter expertise in the preparation of the Obsolescence Alert Notice and cost mitigation strategies to overcome the forecast risks and existing issues.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Rabia Aslam at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.