SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax NS.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering related subject: Mathematics, Statistics, Business
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in the shipbuilding industry, in a supply chain, or engineering function
- Six Sigma Black belt or Lean Management
- Experience in sourcing, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and program management
- Experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification programs
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Report and procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to present data effectively
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Behaviours necessary for success in the role include:
- Doesn't settle for average
- High energy team player
- Positive outlook
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
- Strong to negotiation skills and proven ability to negotiate complex contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Define a quality plan for the supply chain including quality accreditations required and annual risk assessments
- Assess Supplier Quality Plans, process capability and quality deliverables from suppliers
- Ensure that processes are in place and adhered to such that all Customer and ISI technical requirements are correctly instructed in supplier purchase orders
- Determine a verification strategy for supplier product and process, including inspection and test plans
- Generate supplier project inspection and test plans and final inspection checklists
- Report and analyse Quality performance of Suppliers using the appropriate suite of performance indicators
- Conduct QA audits and Quality System Procedure reviews
- Identify process gaps, and lead actions to close the gaps which may be initiated from non-conformance reports or corrective / preventative actions
- Manage non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions related to supplier quality
- Identify internal and external process gaps, lead initiatives to close the gaps
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of best practice supply chain processes organization.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Rabia Aslam at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.