We are looking for procurement professionals with energy drive and ambition to join our talented team at Irving Shipbuilding, proudly building naval ships for Canada. Successful applicants will have a track record of making a marked difference to the performance of global supply chains, building high performing operational and commercial supplier relationships that deliver quality product to North America’s most modern ship building facility, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain high performing suppliers and supplier relationships.
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity).
- Develop and implement commodity sourcing strategies.
- Understand worldwide supply base for commodity groups.
- Manage and control a commodity group for equipment & services - meeting cost, quality and stakeholder requests.
- Develop programs to improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- Negotiate contracts and long term agreements.
- Lead Integrated strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier selection.
- Support new product introduction activities including solicitation of vendor furnished information.
- Lead cross functional teams involving production & engineering to drive
A competitive candidate will possess the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or construction industry
- University Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Shipbuilding or defense industry
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Behaviours necessary for success in the role include:
- Above average drive to succeed
- High energy team player
- Positive outlook
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
- Strong negotiation skills and proven ability to negotiate complex contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.