About the Opportunity
Vidir Machine, Inc. is looking for a full-time Materials Handler to join our team in Arborg or Teulon, Manitoba. The Materials Handler creates and maintains accurate and consistent multi-level Bills of Materials (BOM) and is actively involved with the plant operations to help explain material usage variances and explain cost changes.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible to:
- Create new Bill of Materials (BOM) with routings in the ERP system as well as coordinate changes to existing BOMs
- Coordinate with various departments, i.e., Marketing, Engineering, Production, Purchasing, and Service, to keep informed of new BOM’s or BOM changes
- Communicate with designers to ensure correct interpretation of design documentation
- Investigate identified implementation issues and process feedback to update BOM files
- Communicate issues and/or project status to stakeholders in various levels of the organization
- Assist in development and implementation of tools, processes, and procedures that will be used by the Materials Handler as well as other functional areas, to ensure accurate BOMs
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an industry competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications, plus a range of great benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- RRSP matching up to 2%
- 3 weeks’ annual vacation after the first year of employment
- Opportunities for professional development and growth and
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
An active supporter of the local community, we regularly donate and participate in community events. We also understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and are happy to offer our employees the flexibility to grow their career and take care of their family.
About the Location
Vidir has two manufacturing facilities situated in the Interlake Region of Manitoba.
The primary plant and corporate offices are located 15 minutes north of Arborg, Manitoba, a community rich in history and focused on the future. Agriculture plays a key role in the local economy, in addition to a number of retail businesses and manufacturers producing many products for local and international customers.
As the main service and shopping centre for close to 13,000 residents, the warm and welcoming Town of Arborg offers a reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, excellent health and education services, along with numerous recreational opportunities.
For more information on Arborg, visit: www.townofarborg.com
A secondary plant is located in Teulon, Manitoba, a friendly, vibrant community located a short 30-minute drive north of Winnipeg. Teulon has grown into a major centre for agriculture, with its economy diversifying to a large and varied commercial and industrial sector.
Surrounded by a wide variety of tourist and general interest attractions, Teulon is located within a 20-minute drive of some of the best beaches in the province.
For more information on Teulon, visit: www.teulon.ca
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join a friendly, fast paced and innovative company – Apply Now!