Our client is looking for an experienced Cost Accounting Manager to work with its team in the Mississauga area. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain more supervisory experience under their belt!
Key responsibilities involved will include:
* Supervises all activities of the Costing team
* Undertaking purchase order management focusing on the timely and accurate completion project accounting activities including work order close, capital contribution invoicing, invoicing of insurance claims related to property damages, recoverable work invoicing, general ledger activities and job costing analysis
* Validating the appropriate purchase order approvals are in place prior to finalization
* Managing integrity of data related processes
* Timely pricing and interface of purchase orders
* Assisting AP with PO to invoice process by matching and correcting problems
* Reviews and approve all costing journal entries and ensure accounting policies are followed including revenue recognition, deferral and capitalization
* Assisting with on-going budget realignments and/or adjustments.
* Assisting with Estimated Cost at Completion Analysis when appropriate.
* Keeping track of each project’s expenses and provide regular reports on whether the project is over or under budget
Candidates to apply will have the following skill sets and experience:
* Experience in cost accounting and purchase orders
* Able to interpret financial results and communicate to both financial and non-financial management and staff
* Knowledge of relevant tax requirements, including HST requirements laws, regulations and guidelines
* Proficient in Tier 1 ERP system is preferred
* Proficiency with MS Office applications, including a high level of competence in Excel
To express your interest and immediate availability, apply today online at www.roberthalf.ca or reach out to Accountemps at email@example.com.