The Langley School District invites applications for a Buyer. This is a permanent full-time (35 hours per week year round) position. Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, the Buyer performs a variety of duties relating to the acquisition of equipment, supplies and services.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Processes tenders by determining specifications, scope of work, identifying vendors, setting closing dates, distributing tenders and receiving bids
• Summarizes and analyzes tender bids and quotations, evaluates equipment, supplies and services offered in terms of quality, service, and price and recommends best value and supplier
• Expedites orders and negotiates with vendors when items are unsatisfactory
• Processes requisitions by determining needs, identifying alternates, assigning applicable tax exemptions, pricing and ordering
• Inputs and retrieves data including those related to P.O.'s
• Researches, analyzes and compiles data regarding product information to the point that alternatives can be discussed and recommendations made
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 graduation supplemented by office procedures
• Completion of a Purchasing Diploma through a recognized education institution or a relevant combination of education and experience
• Two year's related experience
• Ability to communicate effectively using tact, discretion and diplomacy in contacts of a difficult or specialized nature
• Ability to interpret, analyze and use judgement in the application and modification of methods and procedures
• Ability to work with constant interruptions and the necessity to meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain constant concentration
• Detailed knowledge of purchasing software
• Good knowledge of Business English and Business Math
• Physical ability to perform the required duties
Rate of pay: $26.76 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
Submit a complete application package by Friday September 1, 2017
Please go to the link below for instructions on how to apply:
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.