Manager, Enterprise Procurement
If you are a strong results-oriented and influential leader with great relationship-building skills, looking for the next step in your career, look no further than this management opportunity with Ontario Shared Services, Supply Chain Ontario (SCO).
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Develop and manage all aspects of strategic planning, development and implementation of enterprise-wide Vendor of Record arrangements and strategic procurement plans;
• Lead the development and implementation of performance measuring and monitoring functions;
• Drive and support innovation, continuous improvement and optimum client/customer service, including leadership of business transformation projects;
• Provide procurement expertise and advice to ministries, agencies, boards and commissions;
• Manage multiple, concurrent procurement projects, including key relationships between project members and clients;
• Lead and provide guidance to project staff;
• Develop and nurture vendor-client relationships;
• Ensure effective human and financial resource management;
• Represent the division on both internal and external committees and stakeholder forums.
How do I qualify?
• You can foster an inclusive work environment with employees and stakeholders.
• You have experience managing a large team of professional staff delivering results.
• You can coordinate and lead multiple, concurrent large-scale procurement projects, with a proven track record of successful project completion.
• You have experience in leading teams through continuous growth and change.
• You have demonstrated good judgment and organizational awareness in managing issues.
Communication and Relationship Management Skills:
• You have demonstrated superior written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• You have experience in relationship building, stakeholder management, consultation, negotiation and issues management.
• You have experience building and maintaining relationships across the organization as well as with external vendors and clients in order to negotiate contracts, conduct briefings and make effective recommendations.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
• You have knowledge and understanding of public/private sector supply chain/procurement-related legislation, agreements, policies, principles, procedures, and best practices to manage all aspects of strategic enterprise-wide procurement agreements.
• You demonstrate skills in managing financial budgets and human resources, including labour relations issues.
• You have innovation, strategic thinking, planning and analytical skills.
Salary Range: $81,636 - $106,655 per year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, September 14, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110807 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.