Legal Administrative Assistant
ILER CAMPBELL LLP is an eight-lawyer law firm supported by a team of law clerks and administrative assistants serving not-for-profit organizations, co‑operatives, small businesses and charities. We are located downtown, at John Street and Richmond Street West, Toronto.
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrative assistant with at least one to three years experience to join our firm.
If you possess strong organizational skills, professional attitude, willingness to work with others, and good command of written and spoken English, accompanied by strong Microsoft Office skills, please contact us.
We will train you to use Amicus and LawyerDone Deal, a Web‑based RealtiBuilderSalesTM application.
ILER CAMPBELL LLP provides a respectful working environment where your contributions are valued and appreciated. In addition to providing a challenging and rewarding work experience, we offer competitive salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above requirements and have the essential skills to excel in this position, please submit your application by no later than September 29, 2017. Send your résumé and cover letter telling us why you would make a great addition to ILER CAMPBELL LLP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we review all applications we receive, we will contact only the most suitable applicants in order to complete an online written test for the position. Invitations for an interview are based on the performance of the test.
*Please only apply for this position if you have at least one to three years of administrative experience in a law firm.
No employment agencies or phone calls, please.
- Provide secretarial assistance to lawyers and law clerks;
- Lunchtime switchboard relief, including when Receptionist away on vacation;
- Proofread and format legal documents and correspondence;
- Provide day‑to‑day administrative support as required, including faxing, photocopying, filing and courier;
- Organize hard copy of electronic files;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Multi‑task and prioritize effectively;
- Develop an understanding of basic legal concepts and processes;
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently as well as with colleagues;
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Accurate, thorough and strict attention to detail and respecting procedures.