The Opportunity: Buying Director
The Buying Director is responsible for directing the development and implementation of merchandise strategy to engage customers and drive sales. This includes the responsibility for assessing market developments and customer needs, with the primary focus is on planning, controlling, and directing all activities (within the scope of purchasing) to achieve established targets.
The role will be responsible for managing the Buying group and budget to secure the best product for the lowest cost to the Company. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for the Product Development and Branding activities across the organization. As the Company`s designated Brand Champion, the Buying Director will oversee the Brand implementation across the entire chain. This role requires moderate travel (20-25%), including overseas travel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in a retail environment, including 5+ years of retail Marketing/Private Label experience;
- 10+ years of people management experience, with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team;
- Strong track record of driving results and performance transformation;
- Strategic and innovative thinker, with an ability to analyze problems and provide well-structured solutions;
- Superior ability to establish, build, and maintain strong relationships;
- Dynamic and effective communicator (both written and verbal), strong presentation abilities, and skilled at negotiation and conflict resolution;
- A passion for product and a proven ability to examine and re-engineer operations, form new policies, and develop and implement new strategies;
- Ability to lead large cross-functional teams in implementing technologies, service delivery enhancements or strategic initiatives;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); and
- Proficiency with basic design software an asset.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed at: http://ow.ly/AwBL309bMKK