Are you a seasoned supply chain professional looking for a new opportunity with a growing company? Do you have experience with a wide range of corporate services and a passion for leading multiple direct reports in a multi-function business area? If so, we are looking for someone who is agile and solution oriented, to help us meet strong customer service objectives.
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Procurement and Facilities, you will be accountable for a wide spectrum of activities that result in successful delivery of EPCOR’s Corporate Procurement, Facilities, and Mailroom operations. You’ll oversee the end-to-end procurement and contracting process, sourcing and process improvement, facilities management of EPCOR’s corporate spaces and data centres, space planning and optimization, lease and sub-lease administration, capital planning and improvements, mail services, and reverse logistics.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Understanding Corporate Services strategy and providing input to the business unit’s plans and directions.
- Developing a strong organizational structure that is aligned and integrated to meet a variety of ambitious performance objectives.
- Building, coaching, supporting and overseeing a world-class team of professionals and managers of front line employees.
- Continually analyzing and identifying issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Overseeing the Corporate contract management and procurement function including:
- development of strategic sourcing approaches to secure long term supply arrangements
- reduction of procurement costs and risks
- development and maintenance of key supply partnerships, alliances, and other mutually beneficial relationships
- Managing the dispute resolution process for supply contracts and involving legal advisors where necessary.
- Liaising with key suppliers to keep current with market conditions, market structures, and service/supply performance.
- Providing interpretations of contracts and pursuing key procurement opportunities.
- Acting as a corporate advisor in all responsible areas to various levels of the company.
- Managing parking and lease administration for EPCOR Tower and sub-leases and liaising with the landlord to ensure ongoing needs are met and resolution of issues.
- Leading space optimization initiatives for EPCOR’s Corporate spaces including engaging appropriate parties and stakeholders to ensure effective and timely completion of projects.
As the successful candidate, you will possess
- Bachelor’s degree or two year diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- Professional Designation in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, or Project Management.
- 10+ years of progressive and related experience in commodity or supply chain services, including a combination of experience in procurement and contract negotiations, facilities management, and commercial office leasing.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing employees.
- Oracle Purchasing experience is an asset.
- Broad based business operations (IT and Corporate) knowledge is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in business analysis and process performance and design.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design appropriate metrics and analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the law of tendering and procurement best practices.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of industry strategic sourcing practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract document structures, including legal language, risk identification, and mitigation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS SharePoint, Project, and Visio.
- Demonstrated business agility is highly desirable.
As our best candidate, you will have a knack for applying analytical skills to identify and recommend elegant solutions that solve problems and increase the department’s ability to deliver superior service. You will also have strong verbal presentation skills with an ability to persuade and influence others. As a strong leader and relationship-builder, your interpersonal skills are second to none.