Our client is recruiting to add an experienced Buyer to research and buy raw materials for its business. To meet success, you must have the means and opportunity to raise their profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
* Develop profitable purchasing strategies
* Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
* Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
* Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
* Review supplies to ensure quality
* Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
* Keep updated records
* Proven experience as a buyer or relevant role
* Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
* Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
* Working knowledge of MS Office and purchasing software
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A strong analytical mindset
* Outstanding organizational skills
* BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered a plus
Connect With Us Today:
To express your interest, connect today with Liz Livingstone at (416) 226-1051 or email@example.com quoting Buyer / Vaughan in the heading of your email.