Director – Operations
Government of Yukon -> Yukon Liquor Corporation – Purchasing & Distribution
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $112,366 - $154,233 per annum
Closing date: February 21, 2018
An opportunity to play a key leadership role at a time of significant legislative change
As Director, Operations, you will be responsible for financial performance and excellence in all aspects of business operations, including supply chain management, inventory management, distribution, product procurement, wholesale services, customer services, warehousing, logistics, analytics, information technology, business development, facilities, retail stores and e-commerce, and territorial agent services. You will also be responsible for social responsibility in all aspects of sales and operations, profit margins, establishing performance metrics, ensuring consistent procedures and practices, training and development, establishing good working relationships with licensees, local producers, suppliers, vendors and business partners.
You will be a key member of the senior management team at Yukon Liquor Corporation, and will be looked to for leadership in all areas of Yukon Liquor Corporation, while fostering a strong team environment and contributing to a well-functioning and respectful workplace. You will lead, develop and implement strategic business plans for all aspects of YLC business, including the execution of YLC’s role as distributor, retailer and wholesaler of recreational cannabis as it becomes legal in Yukon and Canada.
In the role of director, you will provide corporate leadership and work cooperatively with other departments and agencies, operating within a government context, support the vision and goals of Yukon government and the public service, and actively participate in cross-government and corporate initiatives and processes to meet the needs of the Corporation and Yukon government. Major short-term priorities of this position include implementation of recreational cannabis for the Operations division.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
For more information about the process, please contact Darlene Beaulieu, Human Resources Consultant II, at (867) 667-3073 or Darlene.Beaulieu@gov.yk.ca.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a focus in business administration, commerce, marketing, operations management or a relevant discipline.
- Significant senior management/executive level experience, preferably in a supply chain, wholesale and/or retail environment whose purpose is to improve profitability through efficiency and gross margin.
- Significant experience developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans, programs and policies.
- Significant experience developing people and a team.
- Significant experience overseeing human and financial resources.
- Experience working in both private and public sector contexts, or government business enterprise / Crown corporation (an asset).
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
- Accounting and corporate finance experience (an asset)
- Business acumen
- Modelling interpersonal skills and personal responsibility
- Strategic thinking (vision and goal setting)
- Taking action and achieving results
- Creating and managing change
- Building strategic alliances
- Developing people
- Client focus and customer services
Job Requirements: Frequent travel within and outside of Yukon.
Conditions of Employment: Class 5 driver’s license; have and maintain a security clearance.
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Director – Operations, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"