The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full-time Interline Manager for our Freight division in Brampton, ON.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
Day & Ross Freight is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
The Interline Operations Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, implementing and analyzing Interline Operational processes. The Interline Operations Manager provides leadership for continuous performance improvement, effective measurement of performance and identification and implementation of corrective actions.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Manage Day to Day Interline Operations to achieve On Time Pickup and Deliveries. Requires interaction with other departments and Interline Partners, including measurement of KPI, Metrics and Scorecards to evaluate performance
- Continuously improve operational efficiency and implement Best In Class Interline SOP’s nationally, including training for both Internal and External Stakeholders.
- Manage Interline EDI/Web forms transmission to ensure compliance to corporate requirements.
- Negotiate commercial terms and review opportunities for cost reduction.
- Achieve Service and Cost Target. Identify opportunities to increase profitability.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following :
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Transportation/Logistics industry
- Excellent process development and documentation skills
- Strong analytical attributes with ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – dealing internally with all departments and with 3rd party providers
- Up to 10% travel required
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must be able to self-manage, take initiative and work independently
Apply directly on our website at www.dayandrosscareers.com.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.