BUYER (12 Month Term)
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
We need a Buyer to procure everything our company needs to keep doing what we do. The Buyer would act as the lifeblood of our enterprise, seeking out goods in cost-effective ways, building relationships with suppliers, providing the team the raw materials necessary to work our delicious magic.
This position calls for a natural leader who isn’t afraid of a fast-paced environment, with fresh challenges to solve every day. This is a position that demands someone who understands the value of doing things the right way—who isn’t interested in cutting corners. You’ll be supporting the identification of new suppliers, obtaining proposals, contract management and negotiation. Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, a large component of your work will be to implement the contract arrangements after negotiation, and see the results of your work impact our entire organization.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business Administration
- Years of Experience Required:
- 3-5 years experience
- 1-2 years’ sourcing experience (preferably in food manufacturing environment)
- Ability to multi-tasking and effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Experience in contract, supplier, and spend management, and negotiation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities complimented by your education with a balance in: work experience, community involvement, volunteering, athletics or a combination of such attributes.
- Drive for continuous improvement; to find a better way, every day.
- Developing relationships with key suppliers and fostering an environment of continuous improvement and engagement
- Manage day to day operating requirements through the requisition and purchase order process
- Obtaining competitive quotes or proposals as a means of validating arrangements and identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Evaluate Supplier proposals, considering the entire supply chain costs and optimize all the associated costs
- Document and keep current supply agreements
- Monitor internal processes as they relate to the Procurement function to ensure all areas of spend are effectively managed and training gaps are addressed.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by March 14, 2018.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.