To be based in New Annan, PEI.
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, the Sourcing Specialist will be part of the team that executes day-to-day purchasing, ensuring we have the right products at the right time, in accordance with our best practices. This is a role that will facilitate many Souring projects, and is part of a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will need to ensure the highest level of internal customer satisfaction, while balancing multiple projects that deliver intended results.
The ultimate goal for this position is to source products and services of the highest quality and build relationships with our suppliers that are win-win and in doing so, discover cost savings, efficiencies, and process improvements.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business Administration
- Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Purchasing or Supply Management experience is considered an asset
- SCMP Designation is desired
- Ability to build relationships (both within and outside the organization)
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Inquisitive Mindset – The desire to understand all of the moving parts in our processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you figure out how to get things done, and treat challenges as opportunities
- Ability to thrive in an environment where you’ll have multiple competing projects with evolving priorities
- Drive for continuous improvement; to find a better way, every day.
- Fluent in negotiations
- Identify cost-savings initiatives: Develop plan to capture savings, Identifying key milestones; ensuring all initiatives on track to deliver desired outcomes
- Leverage spend across departments and sites where common spend exists
- Working with other departments - Maintenance, Production, Quality, R&D, Technical Sales - to implement and improve supply arrangements in these areas
- Build strong working relationships with key suppliers: identify/develop new products/processes and implement improvements
- Establish & maintain Supplier Performance metrics to ensure we are capturing highest quality, service and benefits of contractual arrangements
- Negotiate pricing and other terms of our supplier relationships
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by March 18th, 2018.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.