- DSI Underground
- Sasktoon, SK
- 102,000 - 119,000
- Job Category
- Manufacturing, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
Join the DSI Underground Family and become a member of a world class team!
DSI Underground is a leader in developing, producing and supplying innovative products and systems for Underground Mining. We support our customers in reaching a higher level of safety Underground. In order to live up to our high standards, we need employees who think along the same lines as we do.
Your success is our success. That’s why we offer a broad range of development prospects and career opportunities within the DSI Underground Group. For many years, we have been filling management and leadership positions from within our own ranks.
It is important to us that new DSI Underground employees become part of our wider “family” and share our values and our culture.
DSI is looking for a Sr. Manager, Supply Chain at our Saskatoon HQ. Reporting to the CEO, this role would be taking over the current position, in a phased manner. This position is responsible for the overall execution of the Supply Chain function service delivery within the business and will act as a strategic business partner to the Operations and Sr. Level Management. The candidate will be a seasoned Purchasing Professional and Skilled Negotiator. They will have passion and strives to achieve positive results all while committed to responding promptly and efficiently to stakeholders.
· Participates in the development of strategic and tactical plans for the business unit and implements initiatives within supply chain function to help achieve those objectives.
· Establishes and maintains clear goals and expectations for the function
· Supports company business development activities as required
· Forecasting and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for department
· Develops and implements staffing plans to support operational requirements
· Provide leadership to team members in identifying project risks early and guide them in developing appropriate mitigation plans.
· Directs the collection of market trends to identify and implement process improvements, reduce costs, and increase utilization of resources
· Directs the preparation, review and approval of source lists, bid analysis summaries, purchase orders, subcontracts, price justifications, and other procurement and materials management documents to ensure fair and ethical treatment of suppliers, protect the company's interests, and promote best value awards
· Negotiates and works with a variety of contracts, including prime contracts, subcontracts, joint venture agreements, teaming agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
· Ability to interpret and understand client contracts to facilitate flow downs to the subcontract process
· Balance pursuit of good contract terms with reality of business demands
· Demonstrate creativity in reaching agreement with clients and subcontractors
· Develops procurement and materials management Best Practices, policies and procedures
· Assumes responsibility and accountability for procurement and materials management activities on the assigned project or organization
· Establishes and implements effective procurement and materials management plans and strategies for proposals and projects
· Assigns project procurement and materials management personnel to proposals and projects
· Supervises the preparation of standard materials management instruments including flow-down of prime contract, obligations and risks
· Monitors procurement and materials management progress and manages identification and timely resolution of potential problems, changes, disputes, and claims
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience
· The candidate will have 10+ years of extensive and diverse related experience in supply chain management and contracts negotiation
· Steel Market Experience is preferred, knowledge of various Steel Market Indices required
· APICS or SCMP certification will be an asset
· Proficient in Navision or equivalent business software required
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages, annual incentive program and comprehensive group benefits.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Tamara Johnson at email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for DSI Underground.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.