Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all of the duties associated with managing of the Central & Regional Warehouses.
- Training and directing the work of Shipper/Receivers.
- Maintaining an adequate workforce by reviewing staff requirements and time off requests, and making recommendations to the Departmental Manager.
- Scheduling and rescheduling work in response to rapidly changing workload, and prioritizing receipt and delivery of goods in response to critical requirements.
- Acting as a liaison between the Warehouse, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Regional Warehouses, and other departments as required or assigned.
- Maintaining source document files, e.g. Purchase orders, receipts, return or vendor, etc.
- Providing procedural expertise with regard to the inventory and meter control systems and material acquisition requirements to all client groups throughout the company.
- Monitoring and maintaining control or receipts of stock and new meters.
- Coordinating inventory checks, counts, and controls as required or assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Assists the Manager in the development of long-term strategies for the Warehouse group.
- Ensure that all purchase requisitions and Purchase Order documents comply with established processes, policies and procedures.
- Electronic issuance of purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships and monitor performance.
- Contact vendors and obtain and evaluate bids.
- Monitor and expedite all purchases.
- Maintain inventory within established dollar and quantity amounts.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, ensuring all purchases are within budgeted amounts.
- Maintain and update weekly reports.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement ideas for cost savings through CGA, procurement seminars and vendor site visits.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in supply chain and purchasing in a warehouse environment plus SMT Diploma or recognized equivalent designation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and ERP Systems, preferably JDE.
- Good understanding of inventory management.
- Good working knowledge of the logistics of materials procurement as they apply to PNG
- Creative and adaptable to new situations.
- Exceptional customer service skills and experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- All the qualifications of the Shipper / Receiver
Pacific Northern Gas offers a comprehensive defined benefit pension and benefits package in addition to work/life balance and opportunities for career growth.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.