WHO WE ARE:
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (power generation, distributed generation, and electricity distribution, transmission and infrastructure development); Pipelines and Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Supervisor, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for utilizing considerable independent judgement, performs buying assignments requiring substantial experience in assigned commodities, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Prepares, issues and evaluates Request for Quotes and/or proposals.
- Issuing and approving purchase orders in accordance with ATCO policy to ensure compliance, completeness and that appropriate terms and conditions are in place, mitigating risk to ATCO.
- Working collaboratively with Strategic Sourcing group to identify competitive goods, suppliers and other cost savings opportunities.
- Proactively generates cost savings through supplier negotiation of existing contracts and competitive bids.
- Ensures all procurement activities are in line with corporate procurement policies, procedures and the laws of competitive bidding.
- Conducts training sessions on procurement processes and procedures as needed.
- Measures supplier performance against key performance indicators and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identified continuous improvement opportunities with current processes.
- Explore and recommend changes in process and procedure to reduce workload and increase efficiencies.
- Communicates efficiently to resolve issues with all internal and external clients.
- Understands the marketplace to ensure long deliveries and price increases are kept at a minimum.
- Completes vendor plant visits, site visits, and inspections as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supply Chain Management (SCMA) Designation is preferred or Enrolled in the SCMA certification program or related business courses.
- Minimum three to five years purchasing and contract experience within a supply chain environment is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service, work independently and on a team, resolve conflicting priorities, and ability to negotiate and identify strategic opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the tendering process, contract management skills, language and applications, terms and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond in a timely manner to changing environments.
- Oracle experience would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.atco.com/Careers on or before April 30, 2019.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within ATCO.