Manager, Fleet Contracts
- City of Toronto - 360430
- $110,965.40 - $130,366.60 / Year
- Job Category
- Inventory Control - Management, Logistics - Supply Chain Management
- Job Type
Manager, Fleet Contracts
Job Classification Title MANAGER FLEET CONTRACTS
Requisition # 2323538 X
Division Fleet Services
Section Operational Support
Work Location 843 EASTERN AVE.
Job Stream Executive
Job Type Temporary, Full-Time
Temporary Duration 24.0 Months
Salary/Rate $110,965.40 - $130,366.60 / Year
Hours of Work (bi-weekly) 70.00
Shift Information Monday - Friday; 35 Hours Per Week
Wage Grade 8
Job Code (PSG) TM2314
Number of Positions Open 1
Posting Date 12-Apr-2019
Expiry date 03-May-2019
The City of Toronto's Fleet Services Division (FSD) provides a full range of fleet management services for City Divisions and Agencies. We direct the management of the City’s fleet, including the acquisition, maintenance and disposal of assets, along with the City’s industry-leading Green Fleet Plan and fuel management infrastructure, encompassing over 13,000 assets. FSD manages the City's commercial fleet safety, including monitoring compliance and conducting training, testing, and certification for 11,000 employees who are required to operate City vehicles and equipment. The City of Toronto has the largest municipal fleet in Canada and one of the most complex fleets in North America.
The Manager, Fleet Contracts position is critical to ensuring FSD success in meeting the short- and long-term goals of the City and the clients we support. If you enjoy challenges, pride yourself on adding value and advancing change, are a people leader and have an intensive knowledge of fleet contract management, this is the role for you!
Reporting to the General Manager, Fleet Services, the Manager is responsible for Fleet procurement and contract management for a large, diverse and complex municipal fleet operation with multiple, unique lines of business. The Manager of Contracts develops and implements Fleet policies, procedures, measures and performance indicators; ensures compliance with corporate and divisional policies, guidelines and legislation; and provides contract-related financial and operating advice to Fleet senior management and Section Directors/Managers to ensure effective planning and management of resources.
The Manager Contracts leads, guides and directs City-wide Fleet programs to develop, co-ordinate and administer all Fleet supply and service contract procurement through a wide range of RFx procurement processes and resultant contracts for maintenance and repair, and parts, services and commodities throughout the City.
Consistent with Toronto Public Service (TPS) ethics and by-law, the Manager ensures that evaluation of vendor responses to calls is completed in a fair and transparent manner, directs the processes for all negotiations, ensures value for money and best price while defining, and adhering to, the principles of lowest lifecycle cost and/or lowest total cost.
Establishing strong working relationships with client Divisions and Agencies, stakeholders, corporate partners and members of Council is critical to the success of the Fleet Services Division and this role. Representing the Division, the Manager will support the Fleet Services Senior Management team at various Committees (including the bid committee), Council meetings, and will seek innovative and modern methods to improve procurement and contract management services to support City Divisions and Agencies.
As a leader within Fleet Services and the Contract Management unit, the successful individual will manage, motivate, and train the unit’s staff. Emphasizing effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, the Manager will promote a culture of continuous learning and encourage innovation in all. Overseeing a diverse team of professionals, including both union and non-union employees, the Manager will be responsible for workforce planning, recruitment, discipline and performance management and coaching.
- Post-secondary education in a professional discipline pertinent to the job function, combined with extensive progressively responsible management experience, ideally within the fleet, automotive or equipment industry, or an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Extensive relevant experience in fleet or related procurement and contract development and management, as well as demonstrated experience negotiating with, and managing, third-party service providers.
- Considerable demonstrated experience in performance-based procurement practices, including lifecycle and lowest total cost analysis, in a fleet or equivalent equipment industry.
- Considerable experience within a large complex organization, including the development and management of union and non-union staff, with the ability to develop and build teams, and encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Considerable financial experience in contract management and forecasting, combined with solid business acumen, as well as budget and operational planning experience.
- Considerable knowledge of fleet maintenance and parts operations, including the provision of supplies and services.
- Considerable experience with computerized Fleet Management Information Systems, reporting and analysis (AssetWorks FleetFocus is preferred), and extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's Licence, with the ability to obtain a City Driver's Permit.
- Proven interpersonal and functional leadership abilities with the ability to anticipate change and positively influence others in responding to change.
- Advanced knowledge of, and focus on, developing exceptional operational standards, including the development and analysis of metrics, KPIs, reporting requirements and appropriate controls, combined with the ability to build, develop and deliver a strong, consistent level of customer service.
- Advanced oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability in dealing effectively with diverse stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain thorough and current knowledge of all relevant government legislation, regulations and changes, including occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge of corporate and divisional issues and initiatives is a definite asset.
- Advanced strategic thinking skills coupled with well-developed planning, research, analytical, and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly developed sense of discretion, judgement and political acumen to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Manager, Fleet Contracts within our Fleet Services Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2323538 X, by May 3, 2019.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at email@example.com, quoting job ID #2323538 X and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Manager, Food Purchasing at A&W Food Services of …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Distribution Coordinator with A&W Food Services o…
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Agent ou agente d’approvisionnement | Procuremen…
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa