The Procurement Manager represents and manages the purchasing department and assists in the sourcing and acquisition of goods and services for the Edmonton and Alberta region. In order to meet current and growing needs, this role determines and develops the best suppliers and products that will allow the company to obtain excellent customer satisfaction as the company grows.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of progressive industrial purchasing experience with an emphasis in Oil & Gas services.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles, techniques, practices and ethics
- Knowledge of fundamentals of contract law, negotiating business agreements, and laws of requesting tenders, proposals, and quotations
- Service orientation with an ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Directs and motivates team-members in a positive, productive and respectful manner, ensuring individual and group productivity
- Actively looks for opportunities to engage and develop team members
- Ensure team-members are aware of and comply with company policies and procedures
- Collaborate with suppliers to find ways of improving efficiency, quality, and costs
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with vendors
- Communicate needs and establish schedules with vendors
- Administer review processes
- Facilitate, lead, and support all supplier relationships, and periodically conduct supplier capability assessments
- Regularly report on supply chain performance to executive team, field personnel and other stakeholders
- Seek and establish ways to further align supply chain unit with the organization’s financial revenue goals
- Evaluate the current state in order to develop and implement processes that plan for scaled growth
- Review, revise and implement new vendor agreements with clear deliverables
- Accountable for parts inventory including physical counts and reconciliation of variances
- Conduct regular performance reviews and appraisals of direct reports
This Procurement Manager opportunity represents an incredible chance for someone to make their mark and truly elevate the purchasing and procurement department to the next level in order to support the business in a growth cycle.
More search results
Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Turnkey Modular Systems
Legislative Assembly of BC
Procurement manager/Procurement Engineer
Robert Half Canada
Global Sourcing Professional
Gypsum Technologies Inc.
Customer Supply Chain Mgr
TreeHouse Foods, Inc.