Senior Specialist, Logistics and Transportation (Rail)
K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Senior Specialist, Logistics and Transportation (Rail)
The Senior Specialist, Logistics & Transportation (Rail) will coordinate and oversee the commercial side of the rail shipment of product from point of supply to the end user customer in Canada and the US. This individual will interact with various internal and external logistical and supply chain partners, including railways, loading facilities, railcar repair shops, storage and lease companies. This individual will coordinate the commercial needs of KSPC rail related tasks such as negotiating rail and storage rates with our service providers as per the needs of KSPC and local sales organizations in the U.S. The position will support the overview of the rail fleet and the continuous checking on rail car needs to arrange having sufficient rails cars for the upcoming production ramp-up and destinations, keeping KPIs, cycle times and availabilities in consideration.
This position will be located in both Vancouver and Port Moody, BC. Further details to be provided during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead the commercial management of rail carriers and rail related service providers.
• Prepare and support the process of establishing and finalizing long term railway related contracts while communicating with internal parties
• Negotiations and internal quoting and publication of rail rates for relevant destinations.
• Prepare and maintain monthly freight optimization documents and month over month/year over year stats.
• Provide commercial guidance and assistance to logistics, SCM and sales for rail related tasks.
• Provide freight and storage rate analysis where applicable.
• Support the supervision of railcar fleet and railcar needs including establishing various lease options to meet upcoming demand and supply.
• Work with internal partners and service providers to orchestrate rail repairs/maintenance.
• Audit rail related invoices for accuracy.
• Commercially support the operational lead of the scheduling of train transports.
• Monitors performance of various service providers via key performance indicators.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Minimum of a post-secondary diploma in a relevant field (logistics, supply chain management, business, etc.)
• 5 – 8 years of direct experience in specialized rail transportation and logistics management required.
• Experience in the dry bulk commodity business (coal, potash, sulfur, grain, etc.) is very strongly preferred.
• Strong negotiation skills required.
• Excellent knowledge of different provincial, state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
• SCMP / PMP certification is considered an asset.
• Advanced skills in stakeholder management, planning and project management.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (SAP experience considered an asset).
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 17, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the Vancouver team!
More search results
Manager, Procurement & Contracts
Toronto Public Library
Buyer (term position, up to 18 Months)
City of Kelowna
Supply Chain Specialist - Retail
CLS Catering Services Ltd.
Senior Customer Logistics Coordinator
Algo Communication Products Ltd