Senior Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, this position is responsible for the strategic procurement and direction of all purchasing supply activities for a well-established Winnipeg-based manufacturer. The Purchasing Manager will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable terms, oversee the daily purchasing functions and provide support and vision to raise efficiency levels and improve overall profitability. As an extension of the organization, it is vital this individual reflects high integrity, professionalism and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholder of the organization. The position offers competitive salary, benefits and rewards programs, as well as the opportunity to join a dynamic team-driven work environment that encourages continual growth, development and celebrates employee success. This position is an exciting opportunity for a rising-star in the industry to join a growing organization, make an impact and grow their career!
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, identifying new sources of suppliers and enhancing the supplier selection process based on price, terms, quality, support, capacity and reliability;
- With senior management, develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts;
- Prepare monthly performance reports as required by senior management;
- Act as the catalyst for purchasing and supply chain improvement initiatives, seeking out new ways to improve supply chain operations and enhance continuous improvement;
- Lead and mentor the purchasing team in achieving optimal results by meeting purchasing targets, monitoring performance, encouraging progress and ensuring corrective actions when necessary;
- Work with relevant departments to manage supplier performance, inventory, logistics, production and manufacturing requirements to optimize quality performance, cost reduction and compliance;
- Adhere to, establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices;
- Ensure health and safety policies and operating practices are implemented and followed;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and work well within a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management;
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P), LEAN and ISO designation are assets;
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a senior management role managing a purchasing team in a high volume, dynamic manufacturing environment;
- Extensive knowledge of MRP systems and track record utilizing digital inventory and planning tools;
- Exposure with drafting supplier agreements, coupled with the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with suppliers through well-structured agreements;
- Extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- Highly self-motivated and positive individual, who takes initiative and can problem-solve in a complex procurement team-environment;
- Exceptional customer-service and relationship building skills, with the ability to communicate a vision. organize plans and mobilize teams to achieve results;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and comfort with change.