Operations Manager - The Property Registry (Teranet)
Teranet, operating in Manitoba as The Property Registry (TPR), consists of two components: the Land Titles Office and the Personal Property Registry. The Land Titles Office operates six district offices in Manitoba, located in Winnipeg, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, Morden, Dauphin and Neepawa. Teranet; an international leader and pioneer in electronic land registry systems, has been licensed by the Government of Manitoba to operate TPR, a statutory registry proving certification of titles to land, maintaining land records and offering reliable information of financial interest in personal property to the public. For more information, please visit: https://www.tprmb.ca/tpr
Reporting to the General Manager and a member of the Senior Management Team, this critical role will lead client service, surveyor and document processing professionals through the ongoing transformation and digitization of the business, while ensuring the integrity and security of the land and personal property registries. This role requires a seasoned business professional with strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and change management skills, the ability to understand the processes, activities and technical aspects of a statutory land and personal property registry, and to capitalize on the use of technology tools, to provide leadership through ongoing business transformation.
This is an exciting growth and succession opportunity for the right individual and offers the ability to realize first-hand the impact of your team’s efforts and contributions. The Operations Manager recognizes that engaged, aligned employees are critical to the success of a business and behaves in a manner that represents TPR’s values.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork and continuous improvement among staff, encouraging respect, employee engagement and promoting open-communications, innovation and problem-solving;
- Leverage technology investments, Lean principles and digital workflow solutions to improve client experience and enhance efficiency.
- Analyze, map, develop and implement operational practices, process and procedures, improving operational performance in support of the organization’s vision and mission;
- Play a significant role in establishing and executing the strategic plan;
- Adopt a long-term strategic view to achieve operational excellence by identifying and evaluating trends and options suited to the organization, recommending a course of action and successfully managing to completion;
- Leverage metrics and data analytics to drive decision making on short- and long-term resource planning and work allocation to ensure cycle time targets are achieved;
- Continually identify and successfully achieve opportunities for efficiency, productivity and improvement leveraging change management best practices;
- Ensure performance feedback between management and employees is resulting in awareness and achievement of quality and productivity expectations
- University degree or diploma in business, operations, engineering or other relevant education;
- 5 years+ operational leadership experience, preferably in a unionized environment;
- Track record of building exceptional teams, engaged employees and leading technology enabled innovation to achieve exceptional results;
- Experience leading a service organization or large and complex business unit;
- Collaborative leader who excels in building internal and external relationships;
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and execute both at a strategic and operational level;
- Exceptional process improvement skills and exposure to Lean methodologies, process automation tools, data analytics and other metrics as it relates to digital transformation;
- Critical-thinker with ability to identify opportunities and exercise strong judgement and decision-making;
- A high degree of self-awareness, accountability and proven organizational and communication skills;
- Previous experience utilizing the Balanced Scorecard Methodology is a definite asset.