Assistant Director, Operations
The Kativik Regional Government (KRG), a supramunicipal body with jurisdiction over the territory of Québec located north of the 55th parallel, is looking for a person with demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong analytical skills to work in the capacity of:
Assistant Director, Operations
(Permanent, Full-time position)
Under the supervision of the Director of the Administration Department, the Assistant Director, operations is responsible to deliver procurement, travel and operational type services to the KRG. More specifically, the Assistant Director will:
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the work and activities of procurement, travel, and operational employees;
- Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operational objectives of the section and management of financial resources, including budget preparation and reporting;
- Oversee operational functions including shipping and receiving, inventory control, asset management, laborers and custodial duties as well as archive storage solutions
- Responsible for the revision and implementation of procurement policy and procedures;
- Responsible for effective improvements towards quality, productivity and efficiency of the operations section;
- Perform any other duties as requested.
- Manage and supervise over 20 employees
- Possess a university or college degree in a related field (supply chain management, procurement or operations); equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in procurement and contract administration;
- A minimum of three (3) years of management of personal experience;
- Experience in budget preparation and follow-up;
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills;
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Capacity to work with a minimum level of supervision;
- Capacity to manage several files simultaneously and ensure the necessary follow-up;
- Capacity to adapt quickly to unforeseen situations while respecting deadline and priorities;
- Past work experience in a cross-cultural environment, preferably with Aboriginal communities, will be considered as an asset;
- Availability to travel.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq.
Salary: Based on the applicable management salary scale.
Benefits: Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
Group benefits including Simplified Pension Plan
Vacation: 30 days annually.
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please send your resume before May 20, 2019 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted