Reporting to the Director, Supply Management, the Category Manager, Supply Management, is accountable for the management of select materials and services supply contracts for specific Teck Resources operating sites. The Category Manager accountabilities include administering supply contracts focusing on efficient transactions between sites and suppliers, providing governance for the contracts, and related process compliance.
Certain key categories across the operating sites are strategically sourced through an existing center-led supply management model. Expenditures on operating supplies and services exceed $4 billion across the 12 active operating sites. Excluding coal distribution services (rail/port) and concentrate supplies for the metallurgical smelter, expenditures total about $2.5 billion of which $1.5 billion is accounted for by the key categories that are managed through the center-led model. The Category Manager is responsible for overall management of select materials and services supply contracts, market intelligence, supplier relations, and coordinating demand forecast/supply schedules.
Monetary responsibility and influence: <em>Applies leading supply management practices, leveraging the collective group of operations to effectively manage spend within select materials and services supply contracts for the company. Engages central and site technical and commercial stakeholders to ensure demands are being met by the suppliers. Total annual spend to be managed in the key categories is estimated to be in excess of $100 million.
Internal contacts: Vancouver and regional office staff, operations staff – primarily supply and materials personnel.
External contacts:Vendors, incumbent suppliers – primarily sales and technical representatives.
- Monitor and manage select supply contracts to ensure adherence by all parties to legal and commercial requirements.Lead partnership with suppliers to ensure clear and concise implementations of the contracts with operating sites.
- Ensure the implemented contracts and supplier management is sustained throughout the course of the contractual term.
- Work with relevant central and site management and commercial stakeholders to establish demand from annual business plans and forecasts.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure supply capacity is committed and matched to demand requirements.
- Maintain supplier relationships in support of the category and, as needed, ensure dispute resolutions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain all contract documentation and amendments.
- Provide ongoing, overall, contract performance management against the performance-reporting mechanisms and develop as needed, KPIs.
- Monitor and report actual financial performances (savings), and variances against the original projected savings targets.
- Conduct assessments of the potential supply management group sourcing categories, initiating and coordinating quality data from operations necessary to determine the related value and benefits to the organization; and prepare preliminary value propositions / business cases that support requests for endorsement.
- Lead in the development and execution of sourcing strategies for group supply arrangements that deliver value at local, regional, and global levels through emphasis on life cycle cost reductions.
- Participate and be a key team member to prepare for and negotiate new group supply contracts with suppliers.
- A post-secondary degree and/or SCMP designation.
- 10 - 12 years of work experience within the mining industry and preferably in a supply management and capabilities improvement role.
- Proven business acumen and well-developed negotiation skills and ability to obtain results.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of supply management ideally with a balance of experience in planning, sourcing, managing and improving and sustaining processes.
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain a rapport in an active network of internal and external contacts to access expertise and share knowledge.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required to interact with various teams to innovate and implement change effectively.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to operating sites from time to time, and minimally on a quarterly basis.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Manager, Food Purchasing at A&W Food Services of …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Distribution Coordinator with A&W Food Services o…
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Agent ou agente d’approvisionnement | Procuremen…
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa