How to apply
If you are interested in a position that will be a contributing part of something very new and exciting, please apply on our career page (https://silverhillsbakery.ca/careers/). This role will expire on July 5, 2019.
Silver Hills started in 1989 with a mission to Empower, Educate, and Inspire People to Live Healthier Lives. We believe investing in your own health is the greatest gift you can give someone because when you are healthy, you will have more to share.
Joining our family means being part of a quickly growing community that is truly committed to delivering healthy, great tasting products that are made with care. The Silver Hills team gives you the opportunity to grow and contribute to a healthy and sustainable vision. If you are excited by the idea of sharing your passion for healthy and delicious food with like-minded individuals and bringing great tasting products to consumers across North America and beyond, we want to hear from you!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join the team! Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement, our Buyer will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing ingredients for our delicious, plant-powerful products.
In this role, you will get a chance to share best practices and implement process improvements! You will have experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management. You will have the opportunity to work with an amazing team of people who are very collaborative, supportive, and enjoy a fair bit of fun at work!
Here is who you are…
Drive & Motivation
- You are health conscious and have values that align with Silver Hills
- You want to join a progressive family-owned company
- You enjoy performing tasks that require a lot of organization, accuracy, and follow-up
- You are looking to build your career in Procurement/Supply Chain field
Character & Abilities
- You can influence and manage change in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong initiative and proven leadership abilities to manage through change
- You are a great communicator who can easily get along and work with different personalities
- You are professional and solutions oriented
Knowledge & Skills
- You have experience with lean manufacturing practices
- You have intermediate Excel skills
- You have strong computer skills (Great Plains, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- You have proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- You have 3-5 years of sourcing and buying experience
- You have experience purchasing food ingredients
- You have some co-packing experience
- You have post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management
Things you will do…
- Champion procurement activities in a busy food production environment
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels, manage material requirements and associated logistics
- Source food ingredients ensuring items purchased follow established policies and procedures
- Negotiate and track contracts with brokers or suppliers providing analytical data and reports
- Generate savings on raw materials and logistics using commodity knowledge to support business objectives
- Ensure the quality of materials, competitive pricing, and sufficient supply at all times
- May on occasion work at various times including weekends, as the job requires
Why join us?
We offer our team members many benefits to help them achieve their goals and support our company culture:
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing and RRSP Matching
- Free delicious and healthy bread
- Fresh organic fruit delivered weekly
- Fitness incentive fund to help you thrive
- Friendly and supportive work environment and an ambitious team
- Discounts at our retail store with a great selection of healthy organic products
- Company social events focused around health, great tasting food and getting together as a team
How to apply
If you are interested in a position that will be a contributing part of something very new and exciting, please apply on our career page (https://silverhillsbakery.ca/careers/). This role will expire on July 5, 2019. Want to learn more about our mission and products? Please check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Silver Hills is an inclusive employer and a firm believer of equal opportunity! We will make sure to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. Therefore, we encourage all qualifying candidates to apply and we look forward to reviewing your application!