Manager, Material Management – Yukon Hospital Corporation
Reporting to the CFO Executive Director of Corporate Services, this position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an integrated materiel support system for Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) to ensure that all Hospitals have an effective supply of materiel and related services to support its programs and activities.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of materiel's management including, purchasing, transportation, storage, inventory control, asset management, disbursement, disposal and service procurement;
- Good knowledge of management methods, techniques and solid management skills including ability to develop and manage a budget and human resources;
- Good knowledge of WHMIS and transportation of dangerous goods;
- Knowledge of a wide range of commodities and services relevant to the operation of a hospital;
- Knowledge of computerized inventory systems, inventory and stock maintenance procedures;
- Knowledge of conflict resolutions skills and techniques;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles.
- Strong computer skill/proficiency;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to set priorities and to show good judgement;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence.
- Ability to be effective in planning, implementing and evaluating change;
- Self-motivated and willingness towards continued learning;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have three (3) to five (5) years of management experience managing purchasing and material management services in an institutional setting; Completion of a two (2) -year vocational supply management course (or completion of several certificates in purchasing and advanced purchasing management through the Purchasing Management Association of Canada) Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate for transport by air. Meditech experience and basic accounting experience are desirable. An equivalent combination of education/training and/or experience may be considered.
Quoting competition # 2019-172, e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: April 24, 2019/Open Until Filled
More search results
Procurement Officer (Coordinator, Contract Servic…
Defence Construction Canada
Senior Officer, Procurement
City of Whitehorse
Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd.
coordonnateur(trice) à l'approvisionnement
Place des Arts
Procurement Manager, Research / Chef d’approvisio…
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa