- City of Whitehorse
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- $31.76 - $37.36 per hour based on 35-hour week
- Job Category
- Accounting / Finance, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Department: Financial Services
The incumbent ensures that all purchasing activities are carried out in compliance with policy and legal requirements. They
assist with public procurement activities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the preparation of complex bid documents including Request for Tenders (RFT), Request for Proposals
2. Prepare basic bid documents including Request for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Standing Offers (RFSO) etc.
3. Coordinate, participate and/or process various purchasing activities including requisitioning, purchase orders, progress
4. Assist with the administration of annual service and supply contracts.
5. Update and maintain vendor information in ERP system.
6. Source, develop and maintain vendor/supplier relationships.
7. Communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors/suppliers on purchasing processes.
8. Coordinate delivery schedules, monitor progress and liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
9. Organize and oversee annual inventory count process.
10. Provide input and maintain relevant policies and procedures including purchasing policy and procedures.
11. Act as Sr. Procurement Officer as assigned.
12. Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
13. Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to
perform other related duties.
Business, Finance & Admin
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
Diploma in Business or Supply Management. Supply Chain Management or Certified Professional Public Buyer
(CPPB) designation is desirable.
Minimum of 2 years of progressive purchasing experience complemented with inventory management experience,
preferably within the public sector and 6 months on the job training.
Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software.
Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
Proven written and oral communication skills.
Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing,
The City of Whitehorse offers a competitive benefit package, generous Group RRSP, a Yukon Travel Bonus and many other exciting perks. With competitive salaries and great opportunities for professional development and career growth, the City may just be the next step in your career.
The Wilderness City is a vibrant place to live and work. We provide stunning vistas, wildlife in your backyard and a vast assortment of recreational opportunities. Yukoners are some of the friendliest people in Canada, and we look forward to welcoming you home.
More search results
Procurement Officer (Coordinator, Contract Servic…
Defence Construction Canada
Senior Officer, Procurement
City of Whitehorse
Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd.
coordonnateur(trice) à l'approvisionnement
Place des Arts
Procurement Manager, Research / Chef d’approvisio…
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa