Senior Officer, Procurement
- City of Whitehorse
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- $40.12 - $47.20/hour
- Job Category
- Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
The incumbent coordinates, prepares, monitors and maintains the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and contractual services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research, administrative and technical support to staff on the procurement of goods and services to ensure accuracy, timeliness of information and compliance with governing legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provide support in preparation, processing and maintenance of procurement instruments and contracts in accordance with internal controls and relevant legislation. Conduct initial needs assessment and determination relating to the use of tenders, RFP, RFQ, local purchase orders, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and/or process various procurement activities including bid openings, change orders, security deposits, progress payments, contracts, etc.
- Assist with the administration of annual service and supply contracts.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Maintain the procurement computerized system.
- Liaise with suppliers and staff on matters relating to procurement, internal controls and relevant legislation.
- Coordinate delivery schedules, monitor progress and liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Coordinate asset disposals from a financial perspective.
- Provide input and maintain relevant policies and procedures including contract administration manual and procurement templates.
- Maintain electronic and manual procurement records. Maintain and update the procurement section on the City’s website.
- Act as Supervisor, Accounts Payable and Procurement as assigned.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Business, Finance & Admin
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Degree in Business Administration plus a recognized procurement designation (CPP, SCMP etc.).
- 5 years' progressive procurement experience with a focus on contract administration and 6 months on the job training.
- Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing, etc.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact Ejiro Fasina at email@example.com
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT *
The City of Whitehorse offers a competitive benefit package, generous Group RRSP, a Yukon Travel Bonus and many other exciting perks. With competitive salaries and great opportunities for professional development and career growth, the City may just be the next step in your career.
The Wilderness City is a vibrant place to live and work. We provide stunning vistas, wildlife in your backyard and a vast assortment of recreational opportunities. Yukoners are some of the friendliest people in Canada, and we look forward to welcoming you home.
More search results
Burnaby School District (SD 41)
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23)
Chef d’approvisionnement – Section Recherche / Pr…
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa
MANAGER, FLEET CONTRACTS
City of Toronto - 360430
Material Job Planner