Procurement manager/Procurement Engineer
Our client in North York is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager for a 3 month contract.This person is responsible for the effective management of various vendors and processes relating to procurement of materials/products and services, with focus on price and delivery negotiations. This is a highly specialized role which requires someone who has strong negotiation skills and is not afraid to push back to vendors/suppliers. Setting up and managing vendor RFI/RFQ/RFP initiatives, drafting contract clauses and implementing supplier performance evaluations are common day occurrences in this position.
- Ensure timely supply of materials and fulfillment of demand for external customer orders as well as Projects department Work Orders / Bill of Materials
- Source and research parts and other components using internal and external resources and ensure part accuracy
- Work with vendors to ensure that business systems are loaded with accurate and complete procurement data including such things as pricing, lead time, order quantities, part numbers, descriptions, and manufacturer.
- Negotiate best value for purchasing decisions and drive cost reductions from vendors.
- Enter, issue, and track purchase orders.
- Expedite part deliveries.
- 10+ years procurement experience in Oil and Gas/Engineering/Energy/Manufacturing industry preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of procurement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in developing procurement strategies and procurement plans for contractor’s procurement SOW as per corporate procedures, project specifications, international codes and standards and best procurement industrial practices
- Experience working in a North American procurement environment a must have.
If you are interested in knowing more or feel that you are a good fit for the position please apply today or send an email to RADIKA.DSOUZA@RHMR.COM
We thank all applicants but only those that fit the requirements will be contacted.
More search results
Legislative Assembly of BC
Global Sourcing Professional
Gypsum Technologies Inc.
Jr. Supply Chain/Contract Administrator
Logistics Agent / Coordinator