Purchasing and Logistics Manager
This position is responsible for managing the purchasing and logistics team, and will source, negotiate and purchase materials, supplies, components, finished goods, equipment (including maintenance items), services and transportation that meet the company’s operational requirements. The key objective will be to negotiate the best possible price, service guarantees and supply continuity with vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the company's purchasing and vendor development strategies, ensuring compliance with corporate policy, government regulations, and the company's quality management system.
- Source, negotiate and purchase materials, supplies, components, finished goods, equipment (including maintenance items), services and transportation.
- Continuously review the preferred vendors list to ensure all vendors are adequately servicing the company's requirements and complying with their contract obligations.
- Responsible for the company's purchase requisition system.
- Negotiate and develop vendor contracts, which include payment and credit terms.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential vendors.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations.
- Responsible for all activities related to the procurement of out-sourced assemblies.
- Manage the expediting of all purchases and deliveries.
- Explore alternate sources for goods, materials and services.
- Manage and arrange the transportation of materials and finished products
- Monitor product import and export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Work with the management team on cost reduction programs and inventory control.
- Participate in the daily production meeting and completes weekly status reports.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Lead, mentor and coach members of the purchasing and logistics team
- Relevant business or engineering degree or diploma.
- Ten (10) years plus proven purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years' experience in the field of logistics.
- 3+ years' contract management and supplier experience
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Strong computer and MS Office skills.
- Membership in a recognized Procurement and Supply organization
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytically and numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities.
- Results oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- In-depth knowledge of customs procedures and cross border deliveries, including, but not limited to, the ability to work with customs brokers and completing customs papers.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and methods for transportation of goods
More search results
Manager, Procurement & Contracts
Toronto Public Library
Buyer (term position, up to 18 Months)
City of Kelowna
Supply Chain Specialist - Retail
CLS Catering Services Ltd.
Senior Customer Logistics Coordinator
Algo Communication Products Ltd