Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, Canada, the Supply Chain Specialist focuses on customer account supply chain management activities and develops and builds relationships with customers, internal departments, distributors and suppliers. The scope of this position involves coordinating all activities associated with launching and delisting products including material sourcing, costing, negotiating, logistics, inventory management and communication among production facilities across Canada.
The Supply Chain Specialist will actively implement customer service initiatives and strategies to reduce cost and improve quality, and assist the Purchasing Department with other project support.
- Supports and leads customer account supply chain management activities both regionally and nationally.
- Manages various activities to support customer product launches including customer menu presentations, forecasting, ingredient sourcing, costing, logistics management, and inventory monitoring to ensure consistent supply across Canada.
- Manages various activities to support delisting customer products that include ramping down inventories with production facilities and suppliers to ensure minimal cost impact.
- Prepares, monitors, and initiates various reports and analysis.
- Communicates all activities both internally and externally to ensure all production facilities and suppliers are aligned and informed.
- Works with all departments such as Sales, Customer Service, Pricing, Quality Assurance, and Production to support and implement customer service initiatives and strategies.
- Develop and manage customer relationships, provide excellent customer service and value add.
- Develop relationships and manage performance of principal distributor and suppliers relationships to ensure expectations are met.
- Source new products and service opportunities.
- Develop and lead initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Initiate development of material codes in SAP and/or CBase systems.
- Assists Purchasing Department with other initiatives as required.
- May be involved in larger Company projects and/or perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Supply chain experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Working towards Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or equivalent education and/or work
- Experience in a fast paced food service/retail environment
- Understanding of ERP systems such as SAP and/or CBase is an asset.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and written English
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage logistics, multi-task, prioritize, and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Food knowledge
- Lead and manage complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong customer service skills and the flexibility to respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Results’ oriented problem solver
- Develop and maintain reports
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
In return, we offer an excellent compensation program including a 100% employer paid benefits package, competitive salary, pension program and hot meal supplied when working. Please note that all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance of all compliance requirements such as a clear medical and criminal record.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Job Number YVR201922.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join the CLS Catering Services Team! CLS Catering Services Ltd. is a joint venture of LSG Sky Chefs and Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., a leader in airline catering and a provider of integrated services solutions. These include catering, buy-on-board, in-flight equipment logistics, consulting and lounge services. The company’s extensive know-how in culinary excellence and logistics has led to its’ successful entry in adjacent markets, such as train services and retail. LSG Sky Chefs delivers 532 million meals a year for more than 300 airlines at 213 airports in 54 countries. CLS operates from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto airports and has been an industry leader in Canada for over 20 years.
More search results
Manager, Procurement & Contracts
Toronto Public Library
Buyer (term position, up to 18 Months)
City of Kelowna
Senior Customer Logistics Coordinator
Algo Communication Products Ltd