The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full-time Logistics Coordinator for our Supply Chain Solutions division in Montreal, QC.
Please note: This position is tentatively scheduled for 40 hours a week. Flexible work hours required to accommodate various time zones and customer requirements. Periodic overtime and afterhours coverage may be required.
As a logistics Coordinator, you ensure a positive customer experience in the movement of orders throughout North America, through carrier partners, including own assets, with a focus on claims-free, on-time service, protection and growth of revenue and margin, while meeting and striving to exceed service expectations.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Receive, analyze, and process booking information from customers in order to identify and confirm appropriate routes, and verify service requirements.
- Understand the wide array of capabilities and scheduled of designated carriers and make appropriate matches to customer requirements.
- Understand transportation market conditions throughout North America; seasonal vs. non-seasonal.
- Negotiate rates with carriers on daily basis for short term work and as well as longer term contractual work.
- Strong understanding of the trucking industry and knowledge of customs bond, customs documentation for transborder movements.
- Maintain strong relationships, demonstrate go getter attitude, high and positive energy with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with flatbeds, LCV, vans, reefers, LTL, and Intermodal.
- Provide spot quotes on daily basis for short term and long term contractual work.
- Coordinate carrier bookings, following throughout the duration of the order, and communicating with the customer, both positive and negative occurrences as required.
- Mitigate additional charges and assist with maintaining the accuracy of carrier information.
- Responsible for the timely, accurate and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Work with analysts, managers, and customers in order to quickly resolve issues in the most efficient manner.
- Understand industry market conditions and communicate with the entire team issues that could impact operations as a whole.
- Other related duties as may be required.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business, transportation, and supply chain and logistics management is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in transportation, freight brokerage and 3PL (third party logistics) is required.
- A suitable combination of post-secondary education and transportation experience may be considered.
- Professional Industry Certifications such as SCMP, CITT and CTB will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills.
- Advanced communication skills including the ability to relay information (verbal and written) between several parties and deliver a positive customer experience.
- Strong aptitude and skills with computers, including accuracy and efficiency in data entry and the use of MS Outlook, Excel & Word; experience with Cargowise an asset.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to evaluate current situation, respond quickly to changing requirements, and execute accordingly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced setting, multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment; appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer needs both locally and internationally.
- Strong English (written and spoken) required
- Bilingual in French and/or Spanish may be required depending on assigned customers; always an asset
- Able to work with little supervision
The working environment can include long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer and on a phone.
Please apply directly on our website at www.dayandrosscareers.com or send your resume to email@example.com and note the job title and location in the subject line.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.