SRM Practice Lead
Job Title: SRM Practice Lead
Job Number: BCH-R-6448-180413E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
Our Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. As such, we are transforming our Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. As the Operations & Enterprise (O&E) Supply Chain group, we are accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s (BCH) annual $2 billion expenditures. Categories are organized in the following portfolios: Enterprise, Major Equipment, Engineering & Technical Services, Materials & Logistics, and Field Support Services.
We are 3 years into our multi-year transformation journey in O&E Supply Chain, and we have an opening for a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Practice Lead. The SRM Practice Lead ensures that BCH Supply Chain, the Business Groups and our Executive work together to build and manage relationships with targeted suppliers that result in trusting partnerships, lower risk and better overall value for both BCH and our suppliers. The SRM Practice Lead’s role is to develop, execute and manage a detailed SRM framework including processes, roles and tools in alignment with the Category Management Supply Chain transformational vision. Doing this will involve ongoing consultation and collaboration with O&E Supply Chain leadership, Business Sponsors
Executives and category teams. The SRM Practice Lead reports to the SRM & Contract Management Program Lead and works in close partnership with the Practice Leads for Contract Management, Sourcing Management and Category Planning along with the Leads accountable for specific categories and suppliers. The SRM Practice Lead is a key member of a number of cross-functional teams to ensure the SRM practice is well integrated with other category management and supply chain processes so we can be smart and efficient about how we manage the relationships with our most critical suppliers in order to deliver on our vision, mission and corporate priorities.
The ideal candidates will have strong planning, communications and relationship management expertise gained from working in a complex business environment and building alignment and adoption of new processes with Business Groups and Senior Leaders/Executives both internally and externally. They have proven experience in forming strong, trusting relationships and experience in planning and executing ongoing processes, projects and events. They can demonstrate forward thinking and perseverance required to bring organizations through transformative change. Our perfect person will be able to learn quickly and establish credibility, and then both coach and guide others on how to apply the SRM framework to achieve a balance of ensuring consistency while adapting to legitimate variants to maximize value for investment. They are able to proactively influence, are energized by communicating with a wide audience - both internal within BCH and with suppliers. They are structured and detail-oriented, and focus on quality assurance to ensure the SRM framework is being adhered to and continues to meet both BC Hydro and strategy supplier needs. They are a collaborator that thrives in dynamic environments. They are excited by the opportunity to build a new business practice and processes that connect a large network of people for the purpose of value creation.
High Level Outcomes:
- Develops and ensures appropriate application of BCH SRM framework that is intended to create trusted, collaborative relationships with defined outcomes for targeted strategic suppliers. This includes development of processes/roles/tools; implementation planning and execution, training and communication as required internally and externally.
- Ongoing oversight and measurement of SRM practice and outcomes to ensure SRM adoption to targets/plans; identification and integration of continuous improvement in the SRM practice over time to ensure objectives are met regarding consistent engaging interactions between BCH and targeted suppliers while delivering optimized supplier value and risk mitigation.
- Improved visibility and objective understanding of top suppliers performance and strategic supplier initiatives across BC Hydro.
- Implementation of approaches/methods to foster mutual understanding with suppliers and key business stakeholders of what is needed to improve outcomes for BCH.
- University degree Bachelor’s or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent certification would be an asset.
- 8-10+ years Supply Chain or similar/related business experience including fundamentals of Supplier Relationship Management or equivalent.
- Experience working in a business environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in SRM or similar cross-organization business processes including building, implementing and sustaining processes across organization.
- The following Skills/Abilities/Competencies are associated with success for this role: * Relationship Builder: Builds relationships by truly seeking to understand both business and supplier priorities and core requirements.
- Persuasive Communications: Conveys information to people clearly and concisely, and in a way that builds commitment, personal credibility and is actioned. Able to understand and meet people where they are at and adapts style/language to meet stakeholder needs. Expert in written and oral communications.
- Quick Learner with Positive Attitude: Must quickly learn BC Hydro processes, category management framework and the different aspects of our BCH culture. Doesn’t get frustrated easily, has a positive attitude towards change, and is comfortable navigating change.
- Results Oriented Influencer: Always has the outcome and objectives in mind, confident and adept at shifting the thoughts, attitudes and behaviors of others.
- Leadership: Takes accountability to `own’ it and make it happen, and uses influence when you don’t have control. Seeks to build understanding, alignment and commitment and choose courage over comfort, challenge appropriately to ensure better outcomes, and bring value in every interaction.
- Planning & Project Management: Establishes plans through an interactive thinking and organizing process that builds clarity with respect to goal(s) and what is required to achieve the goal(s) and outcomes.
- Business Acumen: Accurately assess BC Hydro and Supplier relationship complexity to identify what is needed, applies sound judgment and design pragmatic approaches to deliver required progress.
- Class 5 Driver's License is required.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by May 01, 2018.