VIA Rail Canada Inc.
Reference Number : 26001_042018
Status : Permanent - Full time
Job Category : Purchasing and Logistics
Annual Salary / hourly Rate : 69,177 - 86,471
Number of positions to be filled : 1
Application Deadline : 2018-05-16
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement and Inventory, the Stores Supervisor will be required to manage the day to day operations of theMontrealand Toronto Maintenance Centers (MMC, TMC) Store Operations in a cost effective, efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
The incumbent will plan and assign work, communicate directives and coach a staff of 20 - 25 unionized employees.
He/she will perform all necessary follow ups within his group and department to ensure optimal service is provided to the operations.
He/she will promote and manage a work environment aimed at preventing losses (occupational safety and health, attendance, productivity, etc.) and will demonstrate leadership in developing employee skills while ensuring cohesive work relationships within the team as well as with union representatives and internal clients.
The Supervisor, Stores will:
- Manages the day to day operations of the MMC Store including oversight of daily store activities and ensuring even workload distribution over 3 shifts. Approves time sheets, manages overtime, vacation schedule and movement of employees, revises work schedules to meet operational requirements, hires new employees, coordinates training, assures collective agreements are respected, addresses disciplinary issues with employees.
- Manages the material inventory process through efficient reception/return practices, space utilization, regular inventory cycle counts and the rotation of stock. Manages the receipt and storage of chemical and gas supplies.
- Identifies, documents and standardizes Store processes and ensures they are followed by employees. Manages and actions current KPIs and introduces new KPIs to ensure maximum efficiency. Participates with interdepartmental working groups to achieve various improvements or special projects.
- Manages all aspects related to Stores internal and external audits including environmental audits and ensures the related management processes are adhered to and any corrective actions are dealt with in a responsive manner.
- Develops and communicates a continuous improvement plan to senior management with the objective of improving store operations and address current shortcomings.
- Technology and/or AdministrationCollegedegree.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in managing store environment.
- Must have working knowledge of logistics and transport industry including courier services, LTL, TL.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organization and problem-solving skills.
- Customer and result oriented, integrity, flexibility, capacity to work under stress.
- Leadership, autonomous, pro-active.
- Ability to manage unionized employees and ability to coordinate activities.
- Must be available to work shifts and travel when required.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA RailCanadais proud to be a military friendly employer.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5ae87ff51ee7750433eebbd4/51fc022058b70066fae49e70/en
More search results
Analyste, gestion des fournisseurs
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Spécialiste processus et outils approvisionnements
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Coordonnateur - Analyste, Approvisionnement et ge…
Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc
Food Purchasing and Uniform Coordinator with A&W …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Quality Control Analyst
Robert Half Finance & Accounting