Strategic Sourcing Manager
Chart the future of procurement and customer experiences.
There’s a buzz in the Procurement team. Why? We’re on a transformational journey towards our vision of Procurement 2020 and beyond. It’s a ground-breaking ride with many complex challenges, opportunities to explore, and value we can add. We are redefining the procurement brand and advancing the service delivery model to make an even larger contribution to corporate priorities and ultimately creating exceptional experiences every time for customers.
The Procurement team impacts everything and everyone. We optimize spend across all business units and provide savings that can then be invested towards delivering innovative products, services, solutions and exceptional experiences to our customers. We’re the trusted business partner to senior leaders accountable for making informed decisions on strategic and operational expenditures. And knowing every team member buys something, we continuously strive to make the buying experience simple, easy and efficient. Our partnership model approach extends to suppliers who become strategic partners in our quest to deliver the best value, minimize risks, introduce innovation, and achieve the best results. Layering in technology advancements such as artificial intelligence and robotic process automation into our practice is really exciting and opens our minds to vast, new possibilities.
We are audaciously obsessed with doing better for our customers - every single day.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together!
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you’ll lead strategic sourcing for portfolios with multi-million dollar spend. As a trusted partner, you’ll provide vice presidents with insights, recommendations and solutions to optimize spend decisions that derive the best business results. Additionally, you’ll partner with and guide a team of expert Vendor Managers to develop and execute robust category strategy, based on internal and external data intelligence and analysis, and process improvements. Your influence will shape the current and next generation of procurement practitioners.
While honing your expertise and driving new best practices, you’ll establish a high standard for global, procurement industry leadership.
- Providing subject matter category expertise and pro-active opportunity identification to stakeholders across the organisation
- Driving best in class strategic sourcing that supports profitable growth and an unsurpassed client experience
- Influencing key strategic decisions through clear storytelling, impactful thought leadership and a consultative approach
- Applying expert skills in data analytics, market research, sourcing, relationship and contract management
- Leading major contract negotiations, strategic sourcing activities, cross functional projects, risk and relationship management, and savings initiatives
- Optimizing our transformational delivery model from category specialists, Procurement Service Desk, and self-service tools
- Coaching and mentoring team members who are engaged in the procurement and supply chain function
You're the Missing Piece of the Puzzle…
- Applauded for your “can-do” attitude and belief in the art of the possible
- Recognized for driving change and innovation
- Regarded as an exceptional communicator, influencer and negotiator, able to build and maintain effective partnerships internally and externally with all stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Noted as having strong business and financial acumen
- Sought out for your ability to seek out, analyze and translate facts, data and intelligence into key insights, concept and recommendations
- With a reputation for project execution excellence and achieving results in a complex environment
- With 5+ years of strategic sourcing experience in any category and partnering with senior leaders
- With a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Arts
- Experience using e-Sourcing tools and SAP at an advanced level
- MBA or a professional certification from SCMA or CIPS or ISM
More search results
Analyste, gestion des fournisseurs
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Spécialiste processus et outils approvisionnements
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Coordonnateur - Analyste, Approvisionnement et ge…
Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc
Food Purchasing and Uniform Coordinator with A&W …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Quality Control Analyst
Robert Half Finance & Accounting