Procurement Services Specialist
Join our Team
We’re a small dynamic team that loves what we do and thrive on our ability to make a difference for our higher education member community in British Columbia. Our work environment is diverse, collegial and entrepreneurial.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, and complete range of benefits including a defined benefit pension plan, healthcare coverage and wellness allowance.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a highly motivated Procurement Services Specialist to join our dynamic procurement team. In this exciting role, you will liaise with our members and stakeholders, develop strategies to increase participation in sector-wide contracts, support contract onboarding, and work closely with members to identify and manage the public, post-secondary sector’s long-term procurement planning.
Who are our members?
Our membership is made up of British Columbia’s 25 public, post-secondary institutions.
Here’s the impact you will have and what we’ll accomplish together:
The role reports directly to the Chief Procurement Officer, and you’ll work collaboratively with our stakeholders, suppliers and procurement teams to build a strong procurement community, increase adoption of our procurement contracts that will maximize efficiencies and enhance service quality for higher education institutions in British Columbia.
How you’ll do it:
- Trusted partner: applies procurement expertise to proactively build relationships with members and influences them to adopt and participate in BCNET contracts
- Collaboration: demonstrates superior client services qualities to foster a highly engaged procurement community
- Change Management: leads cross-functional teams to develop and implement numerous procurement category strategies
Procurement Services Specialist
The Procurement Services Specialist will engage and develop strategies to grow our member’s (BC’s public, post-secondary institutions) participation in procurement contracts, support their onboarding to contracts and work closely with members to identity and manage the sector’s long-term procurement planning.
You will build collaborative relationships with institutions and suppliers, educate and advise institutions on the full potential of BCNET contracts and services, provide strategic guidance regarding public procurement practices, and act as liaison between the institutions, suppliers and BCNET.
You are adept at communicating with various external stakeholders, such as committees, member-led working groups and institutional departments to enhance our support programs, member satisfaction, and grow contract participation. You actively assist members to develop, execute and sustain their objectives as they onboard to new procurement contracts/solutions.
You have a knowledge and understanding of public procurement processes, change management and are a highly effective communicator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
You will manage member engagement to:
- Build relationships and influence members to adopt and participate in BCNET contracts;
- Provide input and advice to support the effective growth, development and management of the BCNET Procurement Services portfolio;
- Offer procurement support and advice;
- Correspond with members on the progress of their onboarding process;
- Deliver solutions to improve member collaboration, satisfaction and experience with Procurement Services;
- Conduct regular member meetings, create agendas, organize, facilitate, and issue materials as required;
- Provide support with agreement onboarding activities/processes.
You will develop communication and planning to:
- Foster a highly engaged procurement community to enhance and build awareness of agreements and grow member adoption;
- Organize category committees and working group meetings;
- Ensure meeting minutes are recorded accurately, including all resolutions/decisions/actions, as well as communicate to the relevant groups, and organize properly for future reference;
- Coordinate forums, webinars and other outreach programs to support the awareness and onboarding of new contracts;
- Support two-way communication between members and contracted suppliers to provide input for strategies on institutional change management and onboarding activities;
- Establish/maintain a formal communication process and timeline for member feedback and contract assessment.
In category planning and reporting, you will:
- Supervise the category analyst in the coordination of various business cases, reports, presentations, committee, working group and project team meetings;
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and implementation of various category strategies by understanding sector needs through data collection and working group sessions to refine and develop programs;
- Gain consensus of the working groups through business cases;
- Develop category strategies with members and rolling procurement projects to be addressed over mid to long-term horizons;
- Deliver the procurement category strategies which generate benefits and achieve financial savings targets through the application of insight and analysis including:
In contract management, you will:
- Work with contracted suppliers and review supplier performance activities through regular cadence;
- Work with the procurement officer by participating in the preparation of pre-tender and tender documents in conjunction with the working group;
- Oversee ongoing contract management support activities;
- Lead projects as directed by the Chief Procurement Officer;
- Attend conferences, tradeshows, and information seminars as necessary;
Travel as necessary to member institutions and their communities around British Columbia based on B.C.’s provincial health guidelines.
- Undergraduate degree, with a focus on business administration or commerce preferred
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in procurement and contract management; SCMA designation preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience in developing service and/or business plans
- Demonstrated experience in communication and relationship management
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Excellent influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to thrive at handling multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong business acumen
BCNET is an innovative, not-for-profit, shared services organization that represents the interests of our members –– colleges, universities and research institutes in British Columbia. We continuously engage with our members to explore, evaluate and develop solutions that meet their unique needs.
Staff work remotely temporarily due to COVID; individual staffers may occasionally go to the office as required. Worker health check is required before entering the workplace; while onsite, social distancing / mask wearing rules are enforced. No visitors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume AND a cover letter clearly documenting your suitability for this role by 4PM Vancouver time, Monday, March 8, 2021.
Thank-you to all applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.