Contracts and Logistics Manager
Calian is a Canadian-based, publicly traded company that enjoys an international reputation for excellence and long-standing history of continual growth. This specific job opportunity lies within the Purchasing department of the Advanced Technologies division (formerly SED Systems) located in Saskatoon. This incredible team operates out of a custom-built facility in a beautiful research and development park adjacent to the U of S campus. Employees enjoy comprehensive benefits, competitive salary, a company-paid pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, free access to a fitness facility and much more!
The Contracts and Logistics Manager ensures consistent management of all proposals and contracts, while also overseeing the Logistics team.
- Oversee organizational contract development and management activities and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language and provisions
- Determine procedural weaknesses and improve or develop new procedures to maintain compliance, mitigate risk and assist in executing business strategy
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Manage and support a small group of individuals
- A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation, diploma in Supply Management, or related education
- Minimum 7 years experience in a contract management role, such as purchasing or contracting
- Progressive experience successfully managing a team of direct reports
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in international shipping (both imports and exports) is considered an asset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
The ability to meet the requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Program is mandatory. All employees are required to apply for and receive a Government Security Clearance.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter on our website www.sedsystems.ca/careers/current-opportunities/ by April 9, 2021. Thank you for your interest in Calian!