SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to have developed a diverse team that unites highly skilled fabrication skillsets with innovative engineering professionals to produce exceptional products for our target marketplaces. We are a rapidly growing company that services specialized marketplaces in both Canada and the USA.
We are recruiting an experienced and motivated Director of Supply Chain Operations to assist us with our ongoing growth and evolution at SLEEGERS. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will evolve and implement a supply chain strategy that will support our unique operational dynamics. You will continuously improve existing supplier relationships, target and develop new strategic supplier relationships, and where the opportunity exists, enhance systems, controls, and processes to significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our supply chain operation.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Planning – You will translate both WIP demand and forecasted production requirements into strategic plans for the supply chain team that will ensure that production efficiencies and customer demands can be met within standard production lead times. You will be monitoring external factors and trends to proactively ensure we are prepared for, and mitigate as much as possible, potential impacts and supply disruptions. In the absence of an exacting demand forecast, you will understand and successfully execute planning strategies that balance the risk of supply shortage without consuming excessive working capital for long-lead materials. You will work collaboratively with the production and engineering resources to ensure that Supply Chain activities and processes are congruent with and supportive of other strategic initiatives and dynamics within the organization.
- Supplier Development – You will engage with and evolve our supplier relationships from both a commercial and technical perspective through relationship management, supplier development, and performance measurement metrics. This will require you to develop some understanding of the technical requirements of our specific products as well as the technical capabilities and requirements of our suppliers with the ongoing technical support of the SLEEGERS organization.
- Supplier Quality – You will recruit the required personnel, structure the role(s), and execute the strategic directive of developing an extensive Supply Quality Program for SLEEGERS, in collaboration with the leader of our Quality department.
- Leadership – You will provide leadership, development, and day-to-day direction to the procurement, logistics, and warehouse team members as required to ensure the continuing performance of the supply chain unit.
- Purchasing –You will ensure that the materials we source, and how these materials are sourced, represent the best “value” to our operations, taking into consideration price, quality, dependability, order quantities, technical dynamics and other factors relevant to the needs of our organization.
- Logistics –You will ensure that the lean movement of product into our operations will minimize the operational costs and support our operational efficiencies and scheduling
- Inventory/Warehouse Management – You will have operating control over raw materials and in-process inventories for the organization, with the objective of meeting the needs of our operations while minimizing inventory investment. You will always understand the valuation of our inventory and will ensure we are able to reliably track and account for all materials and components.
The Ideal Candidate
- A self-driven, highly organized and adaptable leader who is hands-on when appropriate, who excels in a dynamic environment, and who knows how to inspire, align, and motivate others in the pursuit of common goals.
- A leader who is innovative, collaborative, and embraces a continuous improvement approach to supply chain management.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A critical thinker who possesses refined analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 10+ years of experience as Supply Chain/Logistics Management role, procurement, or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering.
- Has had experience in a “Just in Time” (JIT) supply chain environment.
- Experience using SYSPRO as an ERP would be considered an asset, but not an explicit requirement.
- Experience and technical competency using Microsoft Access to query, manipulate, and analyze data would be considered a significant asset.
- CSCMP designation is considered an asset.
- Competitive compensation package; wages are commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within SLEEGERS
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development opportunities available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.